|21|

one month later

We all sat around Ashton and Macey, him doing their first ultrasound.

Mom was on FaceTime, I held Macey's hand tightly.

"Let's hear this heart beat" he mumbled, clicking something and we heard a noise that made me almost immediately perk up.

"Wait that's it?" I spoke.

"Mhm" he spoke, a smile prominently.

"Oh my god Macey- it's a heartbeat!" I stood, purely excited, but once I looked to her, she was sobbing.

"Why are you crying?" I asked.

"It's a lot to process Casey" luke spoke towards me, making Calum wrap an arm around me, almost pulling me into his lap.

three weeks later

We were going to see my mom in four days, but for some reason- the boys wanted Luke and I to go out alone, so we did.

We walked around the mall, buying a few things here and there.

About three hours later, we went home, and I saw a smiling Macey.

"I ordered the baby little booties" I announced, flashing the picture to her.

"About- the baby" she mumbled, making he quickly look to her.

"Casey- I got an abortion." She spoke, making me quickly looks to her.

"What." I spat out quickly.

"I got it last night and I came home today." She spoke- just as Calum appeared.

"Shit" I heard him mumbled.

"Why would you do that?" I spoke quickly towards him.

"Casey, let's go talk-" "I asked you a question" I mumbled towards Macey.

"Casey, I had to think about my happiness-" "you just heard that babies heartbeat." I mumbled.

She starred at me.

"That made you happy?" I questioned.

"I cant raise a child at my age Casey-" "did you even fucking consider adoption?!" I yelled.

"There are so many women who would die for a baby- and you just killed one and you're actually happy about it!" I felt a tear fall.

"You're sitting here fucking smiling-" "it's a relief Casey." Macey spoke, which made me laugh.

"Did you even tell Garrett?" I spoke, a tear falling again.

She seemed to have panicked at the mention of him.

"Casey let's go talk." Calum spoke.

"You paid for her to get an abortion?" I almost yelled towards him.

"Let's go talk-" "why would you do that- why wouldn't you both talk to me." I cried out at this point.

"I understand that you're hurt Casey, but this isn't about you-" "apparently it wasn't about anyone but you because the dad didn't even fucking know he was a dad." I cried, cutting Macey off.

"Just- both of you- I need space." I left.

I was so god damn excited

And it's not specifically the fact that she got an abortion

It's the fact that she's had that option for a month now- even before there was a heartbeat.

But she chooses after we've all listened to the heart beat, and then she doesn't even tell me.

And I realize I'm being selfish- because this wasn't about me, this was about my sister

But I can't help but feel that my sister was being a little selfish also."