|49|

Casey
one week later

Tips were amazing, the job was fun, I was happy.

So so happy to be dependent.

Truthfully- I was saving for an apartment

Within a week of working- I had enough for my down deposit.

I knew where I was going
I had viewed the apartment with one of my work friends- Vanessa; we'd be sharing the apartment.

I knew I had to do something for myself

Cause crying over my problems every night wasn't going to change anything- so I had to change it for myself.

And that's exactly what I was going to do.

But it was my day off- I was upstairs with Luke, watching tv.

And then Calum came in.

"I believe we need to talk" he spoke quietly- flashing the ring to me.

I immediately felt nervous.

But I wasn't going to sit here and lie to him about how I felt- it was time to finally stick up for myself.

So him and I went to their house- and I was seated at the table with mom and him.

"Where's Macey?" I asked

"She's unpacking" mom spoke quietly.

"What was she packed for-" "she was at a camp, but got sick- she's home now" she spoke swiftly.

I nodded lightly.

"Princess, what's up with the job you've gotten?" She asked me, reaching over to grab my hand.

"I just want some of my own money- I don't like asking for money" I lied.

She very slowly nodded.

"Why'd you stop wearing the ring I got you princess?" Calum asked me- and I could see the hurt, which made me feel extremely bad.

"With the ring" I cleared my throat

"You vowed to be the father figure that I never had- you vowed to make me love myself, and to love me endlessly, right?" I questioned.

"Yes" he spoke quietly.

"You've done things the past week that my dad did to me." My voice cracked

"And I certainly don't love myself- nor feel very loved." I looked away, seeing my mom and him look to each other.

"Princess- I'm so sorry-" "don't apologize- I'm okay." I quickly laughed it off, wiping my tears quickly.

"You're not the first guy to disappoint me."

"Stop being so harsh on him!" I heard Macey yell from the stairs.

"Jesus fucking Christ-" "Macey, you need to let your sister talk her feelings out" mom spoke

"No! She doesn't get her way for two fucking weeks and it's the end of the world!" Macey yelled.

"She's a spoiled bitch who doesn't deserve someone like Calum- I'll wear her fucking ring Calum- don't let her talk to you like that." Macey spat out.

"Macey-" "no, she's right." I laughed quickly.

"You're so fucking right Macey- you've been right since the second you were born." I spoke sarcastically.

"Truth is." I laughed

"I'm moving out"

"My friend and I have already put a down deposit on an apartment for the day I turn eighteen- I'm sorry, but I can't live with her anymore- I can't continually cry myself to sleep at the thought of Macey always having it better than me- always being better than me." I cried.

"I love you both with every bone in my body- but there's a point- a point to where I have to look at myself and stand up for myself and do something to help myself, and I'm at that point" I continued.

"Cause if we're being honest- if I don't leave and get the hell away from her, I'll end up killing myself."

My mom almost immediately started crying.

Calum held his hands over his face- and I felt my head breaking.

"I'm so sorry" I cried.

"But I have to."

one week later
Third person pov

Like said, Casey already had all of her clothes and left at exactly midnight on her eighteenth birthday.

Macey screamed at her, shoved her, spit on her, cried at her feet- trying to make her feel worse

But what she didn't know, is that she couldn't feel any worse than she already did.

Meghan cried into Calum the moments leading up to midnight

When Casey walked into their room, she cried harder

Casey hugged her mom- letting her cry into her.

"Send me pictures- keep me updated, okay baby?" Meghan spoke, kissing her cheek quickly.

"I'll send you the address" she spoke, moving to hug Calum.

"I'm so sorry I let you down" he broke down into her shoulder.

She didn't speak- she let the strongest man in her life cry into her shoulder.

She kissed his cheek gently.

"Thank you for everything"

She didn't hug Macey- she ignored her the whole way down the driveway- taking her hits, taking her screams, taking the spit, taking everything until she slammed her car door in her face- driving away.

What Calum didn't know was that Luke, Ash and Michael were already at her apartment- helping her her situated, setting up the alarm system, making sure she was safe and okay- and most importantly

Happy.

That's all they were worried about- her happiness.

She grew up before all of their eyes

Never did Calum expect to be heartbroken over an eighteen year old girl that he wished he would've payed even more attention to

Never did Macey expect her little sister to finally get enough.

Never did Meghan expect to realize what her daughter had been dealing with for the past eighteen years

Purely abuse

That's all that this situation was

Abusive.