Chapter 1

(A/N: Hey everyone! To celebrate hitting 7.9k, I'm going to go through and reedit parts if this story. Originally, I typed this up on my phone, which doesn't space anything. Thanks for understanding. Also, welcome any new readers and enjoy!)

  The ninjas were sitting in the Airjitzu Temple in complete boredom. No villains, no dates, nothing.

  "Hey guys! Guess what I found when I went to New Ninjago City!" Jay Walker asked, bursting into the living room with all of his friends.

  "What is it this time Jay? A new wrench or screwdriver?" Kai Smith questioned sarcastically.

  "No... a new video game!" Jay exclaimed in joy.

  "Jay, Master Wu clearly told us to not play video games." Zane Julien stated from the kitchen.

  "But it's the new Fist to Face 3!" Jay whined in a pitchy voice.

  "Wait... Fist to Face 3?" Kai asked, suddenly interested.

  "Yeah... and I'm gonna beat you and get the highest score!" Taunted Jay as he placed the game in the machine

  Kai and Jay began an intense video game battle, Kai obviously winning, much to Jay's dismay.

  "Lunch is finished," Zane called from the kitchen

  "I don't know about you guys but, I'm starving." Cole Brookstone commented before waltzing into the kitchen.

  "Yeah, my uncle's gonna be back soon and if he finds you two playing that game..." Lloyd Garmadon trailed off before following Cole into the kitchen, with Nya Smith in pursuit.

  Kai shrugged and continued playing. Jay seemed wary however and wanted to stop.

  "Stop being a chicken," Kai replied while rapidly pushing buttons on his controller.

  "But..." Jay started warily.

  "Ahem," both ninjas turn to see Master Wu with a stern expression by the front door.

  "Um... hi Master Wu!" Jay exclaimed quickly.

  "What did I say about playing video games? You must train your brain AND your body for battle, not waste your time on games." Master Wu advised the two ninjas.

  Kai and Jay both mumbled a reply before entering the kitchen.

  "I expect both of you to meet me outside after your lunch to serve your punishment." Master Wu stated before walking back outside.

  Kai and Jay both groaned in annoyance before heading to the table to have lunch.