Chapter 7

Lloyd heard lots of screaming and fighting outside his cell. He had a massive headache so the noise just made it worst.

  Before, Clouse was testing multiple spells on Lloyd to see what would happen. Most of the spells didn't change Lloyd into another creature but, a lot of them were painful nonetheless.

  Suddenly someone broke the door down in Lloyd's cell and rushed in with several people behind them. Lloyd couldn't tell who they were because he was extremely weak from the spells.

  Lloyd faintly heard someone call out his name as he passed out. Then someone blasted his chains and freed him. Soon someone carried Lloyd out in their arms. Lloyd couldn't tell who it was, the only thing he saw was a flash of red when he opened his eyes a bit.

  Eventually, Lloyd felt himself in the air flying really quickly. Afterward, he felt himself land somewhere before he lost all feeling in his body. 

  (A couple of days later)

  Lloyd woke up in a bed in the Airjitzu Temple several days later, covered in bandages.

  "Huh?" Lloyd grumbled groggily.

  "Lloyd! Your awake!" Kai gasped, jumping out of his chair quickly.

  "What... happened?" Lloyd asked tiredly.

  "You were captured and tortured by Clouse, then we saved you. You were in a coma for a couple of days." Kai explained.

  "What happened to Clouse?" Lloyd inquired, regaining a little bit more strength.

  "Oh... I um... killed him." Kai mumbled while looking at the ground.

  "What? Killing is not the ninja way!" Lloyd exclaimed in shock, "Why?"

  "He captured you and injured you. I had no other choice, I couldn't lose you too..." Kai sighed sadly, falling back into his seat.

  "Kai, I had-" Lloyd began softly.

  "I understand, you probably didn't want me to kill Clouse," Kai said before standing up and leaving.

  "Kai!" Lloyd called out, even though Kai already left.

  Lloyd slumped on his bed, feeling horrible because he might've hurt Kai's feelings. Why would Kai do this all for me? He's amazing with his spiky brown hair, spectacular brown eyes (I'm guessing, there's no actual proof but you get the idea), everything about him. Wait... do I like him? Lloyd thought, his eyes widening in shock.