Chapter 2

It was the well past midnight when Kai heard squeaking from downstairs. He shook it off like it was nothing but, it persisted. Eventually, he woke up because it was quite a nuisance.

  "Cole! Can you eat more quietly?" Kai groaned from his bed.

  "What?" Cole asked groggily from his bed, which was across the room.

  Kai rolled over and saw Cole still in his bed with his arm over his head in a lazy manner.

  "Wait, that noise wasn't you?" Kai questioned.

  "What noise?" Jay asked, joining in on their conversation.

  Kai sat up and rubbed his eyes while looking for the light switch. Once the lights were on, he noticed that everyone was still in bed.

  "I sense a strange being." Zane commented as he woke up as well (can nindroids wake up? Do they even sleep?).

  "It's probably just Wu or Nya," Cole mumbled, falling asleep once more.

  "Do you think Nya's alright? Jay? Did you hurt my sister?" Kai asked Jay angrily.

  "What? No! I'll never hurt her!" Jay retorted in defence.

  "I believe you should settle this dispute another time. Someone must go downstairs and check out that noise." Zane said, being the cool-headed one as usual.

  "I'll check it out then," Lloyd stated, standing up from his bed and slowly walking towards the door.

  "You okay going by yourself kid?" Kai inquired.

  "Yeah, I'm good," Lloyd answered before yawning and exiting the room.

  The rest of the ninjas remained in bed until they heard creaking noises coming from the stairs.

  "Your done Lloyd? 'Cause I need my beauty sleep." Jay stated before flopping onto his bed once more.

  "I don't believe that's Lloyd," Zane said before walking towards the door cautiously.

  The door burst open. The person who stood there was none other than...