Chapter 4

(A/N: Just so everyone knows, the romance doesn't start right away. I don't want it to be too sexual or mushy. It's gonna probably be as romantic as Jay and Nya's relationship. Back to the story!)

  Lloyd woke up in a strange room with chains wrapped around his abdomen and thighs. He tried using his energy but the chains wouldn't break. Must be vengestone, thought Lloyd as he slumped against a nearby wall.

  A million thoughts flashed through Lloyd's head as he sat there for what felt like an eternity. How did I get here? How do I get out? Are the others okay? Who did this?

  "Good to see your awake green ninja." Said a devious voice from the shadows.

  Lloyd racked his brain trying to remember who that person was. It was on the tip of his tongue when someone, or something, shone a bright spotlight at him.

  "Argh," Lloyd groaned from the brightness.

  Now that there was light, Lloyd could finally see his captor was none other than Clouse.

  "Save your breath ninja. I know what your about to ask, how did I get here? Like I told your foolish friends, I escaped the Cursed Realm before it was destroyed." Clouse answered the question obviously lingering in Lloyd's mind.

  "Where am I? What did you do to the others?" Lloyd asked immediately.

  "So many questions. *Sigh* I subdued them and gave the Smith children a well-needed explanation." Clouse supplied before circling around the green ninja.

  More thoughts poured into Lloyd's brain, like an avalanche demolishing a mountainside village.

  "What did you tell Kai and Nya?" Lloyd questioned.

  "They needed to know the truth about their parents," Clouse answered nonchalantly before pulling out a spellbook that looked almost new.

  "B-but, we destroyed your spellbook," Lloyd gasped.

  "I found a new one... an even better one too," Clouse said with a malicious grin.

  Clouse began chanting a spell, filling Lloyd with worry.