Chapter 9: Solution found

"Everyone gather around. I have been watching you all throughout the year and checking your skills. I have finally decided on who will be the S-class participants in the exam this year. We have 8 participants. Natsu, Gray, Levy, Cana, Mest, Elfman, Juvia, and Freed."

"I will now explain the rules for those of you who are participating for the first time. 1: you may have a partner.
2: the partner can only be a non-S-class Fairy Tail mage."

"The tournament will take place in a week, please find your partner by then."

"Aw well next year then I suppose." I say smiling. Alzack looks kind of down and I pat his head.

"We'll just have to try harder." I say. Hey Mira I'm taking this job." I say and Mira nods. It's a job to help with animals raging about a village.

"Tundra thanks for allowing me to get some time with Laxus last time." I say to Tundra as we get off the train.

"You're lucky he's earned my approval."

"And mine." Raph says and I chuckle.

"You two are over protective brothers. Seriously he changed after everything."

"Hah at least we're not as over protective as Akira and Astral!" Raph says and I laugh.

"Are you the mage from Fairy Tail?" A village person asks me and I nod.

"My name is John. Please follow me." He says and as I follow I notice animals are tearing up the place. Raph roars and they all scramble away.

"We'll stay for awhile in case they come back." I say smiling and the villagers look at me.

"THAT WAS AWESOME oni-Chan. Can we pet your wolf?"

"He's not my wolf little one, he's my friend. A partner."

"Oh well can we still pet him?" They ask repeatedly. Tundra closes the portal. "Awwww." I summon Arson, Kichiro, Brave and Shutaru. Raph and I watch as the little ones play.

"Oh my king would like to have a word with you by the way. About the alliance you have with the Snow Leopards."

"Uh oh what did Reyne do?"

"Well apparently he wants you to be apart of their clan now as well."

"Reyne, King of the Snow Leopards heed my call, please come to me." I say summoning Reyne using my card.

"Aw it has been a while little one." Reyne says.

"Yes it has." I reply as Reyne and Raph growl at each other. "Raph I'm closing your portal now you two can't play nice."

"Fine." Raph growls one more time at Reyne, then I close his portal.

"Will you become a part of my clan, little one?"

"What happened between you and the tigers?"

"A disagreement over territory." He says.

"Territory eh? Well let's go."

"Go where?"

"To figure this disagreement out." I say simply closing the portal as we go back to their world.

"So what's this all about?" I ask Weston the king of the tigers.

"The hunting grounds."

"Hmmm. Why don't y'all just hunt together and combine both hunting grounds?"

"We cannot allow that." Raph says standing next to Weston.

"May I ask why?"

"Because in the past when we did have the same hunting grounds both of us would steal prey from the other." Reyne says and I nod.

"Please allow me some time to think." I say and they both nod. I notice my magic starting to wane as I think. This will be a difficult process, I wish Akira or Astral would appear by themselves. I really could use their advice. I summon Kichiro.

"Can you ask Nera or mom or dad if they'd be willing to appear for me? My magic is starting to run out."

"Of course."

"Thanks little bro." I say petting him before he leaves. Nera and Astral appear before me after a few minutes.

"You called young one?" Nera asks curiously.

"Well as you can see down there, they're having a bit of a territorial dispute and I'm not sure how to bring them to a resolution. They said they can't combine territories because of what happened in the past and the Snow Leopards won't survive without combined hunting grounds."

"How large are the tigers hunting grounds?"

"3 times as large as the Snow Leopards. Trust me. I've hunted with both clans. The tigers is almost to big for them."

"What about them giving up a fourth of it?"

"I can't guarantee the pride of Weston would allow it."

"I am working under the assumption that Weston would rather not lose you. He might be willing to because of you." Nera replies.

"I would rather not threaten one of my clans with that prospect." I say.

"Well it couldn't hurt to ask." Nera replies and Astral nods approvingly.

"Alright. Let's go see I guess." I reply. "We have come to a solution that may be questionable."

"What is it?"

"The tigers hunting grounds are three times larger. We were thinking what if they gave up a fourth of them? Would that work?"

"Actually that's not a bad solution I just don't want to give up my land. How do you snow leopards feel about it?" Weston asks Reyne.

"That is acceptable." Reyne says.

"Awesome. Okay, my power is waning today so I can't call upon Ra, but tomorrow I will ask Ra to scout the land and see where the best part would be."

"How did you summon these two?"

"I didn't I asked my brother to get them." I respond. "Tonight I will stay with the snow leopards because they want me to join their clan as well."