Chapter XXII

As soon as I finished off the wolf man, the others attacked. I only had time to take note of a few of the beginning battles before my own began. I noticed Erza take on a woman with a strange headpiece and a vicious look in her purple eyes. A dark haired man immediately went for Gray and seemed to target him. Another animal resembling man headed for Lucy, his face eerily calm, but disturbing. The last person I saw was Wendy. The largest man in the group was standing in front of her, and she looked terrified.

I panicked inside. I glanced around, looking for anyone who wasn't busy, but didn't see anyone. Mira was occupied in a battle as well, and Levy had taken over the job of steering the ship with a focused look on her face. "Levy!" I shouted. She turned to me quickly. "I need you to help Wendy." She gestured to the wheel in a silent question. "I don't care about that!" I shouted furiously "If Wendy doesn't have help, she'll die!" My eyes flashed red dangerously at the thought, and Levy immediately ran over to help Wendy at my terrified expression.

When I saw Levy was securely in front of Wendy and protecting her, I relaxed and turned to my own opponent. I growled furiously, not in the mood to play games with this man right now.

"I don't think you quite understand just who you're messing with."

~xXx~

I glared at the animalistic person in front of me. His eyes showed the calm just before the storm. It made me a bit uneasy, and that feeling only grew when he introduced himself. He put a large paw-like hand on his chest and said, much too respectfully for my liking, "My name is Tempester. It's an awful shame that such a nice lady like you has to fight me." Politely, he said, "What's your name?"

I frowned, unsheathing my sword. "Lucy," I answered simply. "And I think it's more of a shame that you have to fight me."

His polite demeanor remained. "Well, I'm not going to go easy on you."

"Wasn't planning on it."

He pulled out his own sword, matching my stance, and the calmness in his eyes disappeared, making way for a storm of emotion, mostly anger.

He roared, swinging a huge sword towards me. I barely managed to block it, but I couldn't keep the pressure he was putting on his end from throwing me backwards. I crashed into Gray's fight and saw him and his opponent doing a lot more talking than fighting. I simply raised an eyebrow at him before getting back on my feet and bolting to the large man. I'm not letting this guy live.

I screeched an ear-piercing cry of pent up anger before swinging my sword at him. He got into a blocking position, but at the last second, I changed direction, now aiming for his arm instead of his chest. I landed a nasty cut on his dominant arm and smirked when he cringed back, dropping his sword.

I kicked his sword far into the fray before he could grab it again. I circled him slowly, maintaining my tense air of concentration. Typically, when your opponent lost their weapon, they were done for. But I had seen was the wolf guy fighting Natsu had been able to do with his bare hands, and I wasn't quite ready to count this guy out.

When he growled lowly and charged towards me head-first, I knew I was right to keep my guard up. I twisted out of his reach, and his large frame flew right past me. I didn't even have time to turn, however, before his large, animalistic teeth had sank into my left arm. I felt something enter my veins as I cried out, but it didn't seem to do anything.

He pulled his teeth out of my arm, backing away as he observed my reaction with crossed arms. He frowned when all I did was rub at my arm, now stinging heavily where his teeth had pierced my skin. "So, you don't have magic like Pinkie over there?" he asked, tilting his head towards Natsu.