Chapter Two

"So I see you decided to show up, your a little late. I think I had things under control" I said to Spider-Man, SPIDER-MAN, why is my voice this confident and calm.
"Last time I checked I was the only superhero in this neighborhood" he said to me.
"Not anymore, I just moved in the area. Your going to have to share this neighborhood now" I said laughing at the end of my sentence.
"Who are you" he asked me.
His voice was young, but I could tell he was hot.
"Transparent" I said to him as I jumped away.
It was 1:45 when I got home. I didn't sleep at all that night I had way to much on my mind. What my new school like, will I make friend immediately or be an outcast from the start, will covering my identity of Transparent be as easy as it was as my last school, and of course who really is Spider-Man.
I got dressed and went downstairs to watch the news and eat breakfast. The top headline today was "NEW SUPERHERO IN TOWN?" All they talked about was seeing me a "a mysterious women super hero, seen working with Spider-Man. Who is the sidekick here". I should have expected this, but now I have to worry about my first day at a new school. I have a meeting before school for the scholastic decathlon team, I CANNOT be late for my first meeting so I run/jumpish to school not to suspiciously fast.
"We would like to introduce our new member, Emily Adams. Emily this is Peter, MJ, Ned, Flash, blah blah blah, and I'm Liz" Liz said to me.
Liz talking seemed really boring to me, I zoned out, which I shouldn't have I know, I know first day. I could tell already that Liz wouldn't be my type of friend, no matter how smart she was. I liked MJ's lack of enthusiasm for some reason, I also like Peter and Ned right of the bat.
"Okay as president I do have to say I see some competition here, your grades are phenomenal and your GPA every year seems to be very impressive" Liz said to me.
"Thank you, I was actually president of my old schools Decathlon team, so I would expect to see some competition" I said to her.
"Great!" She said wayyyy to enthusiastically to me.
"Is she always this enthusiastic about having competition" I whispered to MJ.
"Oh she thrives on it" MJ whispered back.
I laughed as quietly as I could. Then the bell rang. I did not know my way around the school so I asked MJ to help me.
"You have literally the exact same schedule as Peter" she said to me. I looked at her weirded out.
"What I'm not obsessed just observant" she said to me.
I then walked up to Peter.
"Peter?" I called him.
He turned around. He was hot, his face, his body, I could barely get a another sentence out, wow.
"Yes? Oh Emily. Hey what do you need" he asked.
"Well according to MJ, not obsessed just observant, I have the same exact schedule as you and I do not know my way around this school at all, could you help me" I asked him.
"Of course, and if you don't have anyone to sit with at lunch you can come and sit with me, Ned, and MJ usually sits us with us" he said.
"Sure sounds great" then I followed him to our first class, calculus. His voice sounded so familiar, but of course I didn't know anyone here in New York yet so it was just in my head.
Soon enough it was lunch and I sat with MJ, Ned, and Peter.
"So Ned and I will have you in band to right" Peter asked.
"Yeah, I play clarinet, how about you guys" I asked.
"Peter and I are both trumpet" Ned said.
"Band Nerds, I quit band because I felt like joining any club is adding to this worlds mind set of you can only succeed by joining a team, take sports for example, these mediocre kids end up graduating high school more mediocre" MJ said to us. We all stared at her, her mind was way above ours.
"So Emily, tell us about you" Peter said.
"Well I was born and raised in LA, my Dad is a NASA engineer, and I turned 16 yesterday" I said to them.
"Oh no way I turned 16 yesterday too. I'm actually having a party tonight if you want to come, I'll tell Aunt May"Peter said to me.
"Of course I'll come but I don't want to invade " I said to Peter.
"No, it's my welcoming gift to you, I'll text you the address, the party starts at 8" Peter said.
"Ok I'll be there" I said to Peter.
I was thoroughly excited.