Chapter Seventeen

I woke up laying my head on Peter's hospital bed and still holding his hand. There was a note from Aunt May on the bed by my hand "Needed to get living situation sorted out from fire, will be back soon" the note read. I lifted my head up and smiled when I saw Peter. He still needed extra oxygen support, he had a brace on his leg where his ligaments were torn, and of course we had to be extremely careful with his ribs. Neither of us would be in school for a while which meant probably getting kicked out of band and the scholastic decathlon team. Ned, and even MJ, had called countless times but I didn't feel like making up an excuse. I unlaced my finger to get up when Peter woke up.
"Hey no don't do that" he said with a raspy voice smiling.
I put my hand on his face, I was loosing hope.
"I know a lots happened Emily. But you could still smile" Peter said.
"I have no hope left. I have no suit, no weapons, and no teammate. I'm useless, I might as well not even have my powers" I said standing up.
"No no no. I've been thinking, because it's all I can really do, Mr. Stark is right. You are Emily Adams, as you would say bloody hell! You are Transparent. You don't need a suit to "define who you are". Look at me, I have oxygen tubes in, but I will never give up hope. In a couple weeks I'll be swinging across New York. Being The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man once again" Peter said to me.
"Your right, well Mr. Stark is right. I don't need the suit to "name me". Emily Adams, Transparent whatever I am who I am" I said, me and Peter both smiling.
"And that's the attitude that shows being with the Avengers is in both of your guys near future" Mr. Stark said walking into the hospital room again.
"Glad to have Peter Parker and Emily Adams back" Mr Stark said.
"Are there like trials for becoming an Avengers" I asked sarcastically.
"Because if so I think through all we've been through we should get to skip them" Peter said laughing.
"It all depends if they like you" Mr Stark said shrugging.
"How could they not like us" I said, me and Peter both giving a grin to Mr Stark. Mr. Stark grunted.
"Oh yeah why was I here? Oh yes, Happy will be staying here 24/7 until Aunt May comes back. Why? Because I know that Emily here will try and get out and fight again. Take a break kid" Mr Stark said.
"You know I can't do that forever, I WILL be the one to catch him" I said to Mr. Stark as he stood up and let Happy in.
"Bye, stay out of your teenagy-trouble stuff" Mr Stark said walking out of the hospital room.
"Hey! Happy, if you ever need a bathroom break, there's one all the way down the hall" I said with a fake smile and pointing down the hall.
"Listen I don't want to be here just as much as you don't want me here" Happy said.
"I need to get out of here" I mouthed to Peter.
"No, I would not make it without you. I would be a wreck. And I doubt I would get onto the Avengers" Peter mouthed smiling when saying the last sentence. I rolled my eyes.
"If you were in my shoes you know I would have to help you get out" I mouthed back.
"Of course you would help me get out, you would want your shoes back" Peter mouthed while quietly laughing. "Of course, I know. I will help you, tonight when he falls asleep" Peter mouthed.
I was working a plan in my head, nothing. I didn't know where Venomous was, I didn't have a suit.
"One problem at a time Emily" I thought in my head.
Then it came to me. My old suit would just have to do.