Chapter Seven

I came back to Aunt Mays apartment while Peter and  Ned practicing for our Scholastic Decathlon meet in Philadelphia on Monday. Second day of school and I already have to study. This is the first school I've ever been to that started on a Friday.
"You nerds practicing without me" I said to Peter and Ned.
"No Peter literally just showed up right before you" Ned said to me.
"Where did you go" I asked Peter.
"Oh I had to go and pick up some things for MJ. Chicken soup, OJ, cough syrup, the whole sickness care package" Peter said.
"Okay first question what is the formula for the Pythagorean Theorem" Ned asked with his Q cards in hand. Then my mom called.
"Peter you take this question I'll get the next one" I said to Peter.
"No wonder you and Peter are friends, you guys can't stay in one spot doing one thing for more than an hour" Ned said. I rolled my eyes.
"Hey mom what do you need" I asked.
"Well I'm working tonight again so it would be great if you could spend the night there tonight, or you would have to walk home right now" my mom said.
"I'll just stay the night here" I said.
"Ok that's fine. I love you, I'll see you soon. Bye" my mom said.
"I love you too. Bye" I said hanging up.
"Aunt May" I called for her.
"Yes Emily" she said from the kitchen.
"I was wondering if I could spend tonight too" I asked.
"Sure! You know it's fine with me. You can stay Sunday night too" Aunt May said all more overly excited about it.
"Thank you so much" I said.
"Tell the boys that dinner will be ready soon" she said as I walked back into Peters room.
"Hey guys dinners going to be ready soon. Oh and Peter I am spending the night again, I sleep on the top bunk this time" I said to Peter.
"Ned are you spending the night too" Peter asked Ned.
"No I should probably get home after dinner" Ned said.
We then ate dinner. Ned went home. Aunt May went to bed. Peter and I changed in our pajamas and got into bed. And we talked all night.
"Emily, where have you been all my life" Peter asked me.
"Where have you been all of my life. God I feel like I've known your for a million lifetimes already" I said to him. I looked at the clock, it read 3:47.
"My feelings tell me that I like you, that I could be in an amazing relationship with you. But my heart is telling me to just love you as a friend right now" Peter said to me. I leaned over the side of the top bunk to look at him in the bottom bunk.
"Me too" and then almost simultaneously we both got out of bed and hugged each other. It felt like we hugged all night. Because then the next thing I know it was morning and I woke up laying next to him on my side with his arm around me. Who knew a superhero's life could have action and romance.