Chapter Fifteen

I only spent one night at Aunt May's, I was ready to go home. I didn't mention Peyton again to my parents, this was hard for me I can't imagine how hard it is for them.
Two days had gone by and Venomous hasn't done anything, and that scares me. Happy won't pick up my calls as usual, and Mr. Stark says not to worry about it. I talked to Spider-Man last night when we trained, he said he was scared too.
"I can't do this anymore, I know he's planning something and when he does I AM going to catch him" I said to Spider-Man on the phone.
"Thank god, you know me I wasn't going to miss out on this" Spider-Man said with a laugh.
"Okay then we'll need a plan" I said to Spider-Man
5 more days past and Spider-Man and I were still waiting for Venomous to make his move. School days and training days with Spider-Man went by quick. I listened to the police scanner every chance I could get, I went to every scene. Nothing. Then, after school Wednesday, about 8:00 p.m, there was a fire. I was running to the scene, when the addresses repeated and I realized, the fire is at Aunt May and Peter's apartment. I rushed, I ran on top of the buildings to get there faster. I went through the window into the building, there was flames everywhere and it was getting harder to breathe I was coughing. I went into Aunt May's apartment I grabbed her, she was conscious, I put her outside the window onto the fireman's latter.
"Where's Peter" I asked in a very concerning voice.
"He's with a friend, he just left he's safe" she said. I pressed my button on my belt to call Spider-Man.
"No need for that I'm already here" Spider-Man said swinging in.
"Get everyone out of the building, the fireman are puffing out the fire" I said to him going back into the building.
"We need to get in and out fast, this building could collapse" Spider-Man said.
"Everyone's out, get out of there" the fireman called.
Then I looked on the wall of the building, a note. "I won't miss your friend next time" the note read. I looked around, there he was. Venomous.
"Transparent, the plan" Spider-Man yelled then swinging up to the roof, I jumped up there too. We ran side by side, catching up to him.
"I know where he's going, the cargo dock" I said running faster. Then we caught up to him, it was dark so we couldn't see him anymore. Then a three giant shipment containers came at us, I ducked underneath them while Spider-Man flung them with his web behind him. I went invisible to come up behind him, I still couldn't see where he was.
"There on top of the building" Spider-Man whispered behind me.
Spider-Man was super quiet and I stayed invisible, we went to the top of the building, then jumped up onto the roof.
"No more running Venomous, it only proves what a coward you are" I said to him.
"Oh sure, I'm the coward. I'm not the one who moves away from my problems" he said to me.
"Oh shut up, you killed her brother. You deserve to rot in jail for the rest of your life. You deserve to die suffering" Spider-Man said aggressively.
"Oh you can shut up. You don't need to defend her! You say you guys are a team, but one of you is or will be a sidekick" he said.
The Venomous flew upwards, both me and Spider-Man grabbed on. Then Venomous started to come back down, fast onto the building.
"Jump before we get to the building" I mouthed.
Just as I jumped, Venomous locked Spider-Man's hand against his glider.
"Spider-Man!" I screamed falling onto the top of the building.
Then Venomous pushed Spider-Man through the building. The first floor, the second, all the way down to the ground floor.
Then Iron Man came flying in.
"Mr. Stark! Spider-Man!" I screamed as I pointed to inside the building.
"Transparent! It's about to blow, Venomous put a bomb on the building I can see it! Get off of the roof!" He screamed. I jumped off of the roof, landing hard on the ground.
BOOM. The building blew up, smoke was everywhere. I ran over to dig him up.
"Mr. Stark help" I screamed to him. He slowly flew over.
I pulled off my mask, it was ripped all over, same with my suit. Mr. Stark and I found him after digging. I started to cry. I then pulled off his mask. I gasped.
"Peter...." I sobbed.
"Emily. I don't wanna go..." Peter said closing his eyes.
"No Peter no!" I screamed grabbing him.
"Take him to the hospital, I'll meet you there" Mr. Stark said.
I ran to the hospital as fast as I could, shocked and upset. Spider-Man seemed to be invincible, but Peter was dying.
Venomous already killed my brother, he wasn't going to kill my best friend too.