Three

Castiel ran over as Dean slid to his knees before Hael and stared down at her body. He spoke so quietly Cas couldn't hear until he was right next to him, "...and I will forever be grateful." There was no arrogance or grief in his tone, only remembrance. Suddenly a female guard with long red hair came up with her sword raised at Castiel, she shoved him backwards and pressed him to the wall, her blade cutting slightly into his throat. Castiel choked in shock, and wriggled beneath the demon's grasp.

"Did you know anything about this?" The guard spat at Castiel, who shook his head quickly, but the demon just pressed the blade a bit further into his throat causing blood to draw, "you sure about that-"

"Charlie! Enough! Stand down." The Prince's voice rang out loudly and Castiel let out a relieved breath as Charlie sheathed the sword at his throat and stepped away from him. A cut ran across Cas' throat, dripping blood. Dean stood up and sighed, shaking his head and walked over to Castiel.

"I apologize, my second tends to jump to conclusions." The Prince explained while glaring at the woman. He then pressed two fingers to Castiel's wound, healing it, "are you alright?" Castiel nodded quickly, staring at the prince's face watching as sweat dripped down his forehead. Dean met his gaze and then quickly looked away as the sharp-tongued red headed demon spoke once more.

"Captain, your highness, excuse me for saying this, but are you sure we can trust him? He's new and might be-"

"Charlie, I would advise you to quit this act now, unless you would prefer to have your rank dropped again? " Dean snapped, giving the guard a dangerous glare that had the second shutting her mouth and looking down at the ground slowly.

Cain slowly walked over to where Dean and Cas stood, he dismissed the female guard as well as the prince, "You best get ready for your fitting, prince." Dean nodded and turned on his heel leaving Hael's body behind. Castiel quickly turned and followed him, he ran, struggling to keep up with his fast pace.

"Thank you, Prince Dean." The blue eyed angel said carefully as he caught up with the prince's long strides.

"I have no sympathy for you angels, but Hael was good company and she worked hard, I see the same in you." His voice was cold and his eyes were hard as he glanced the small angel up and down before looking away.

"You protected me," Castiel pointed out hoping to get more out of the prince.

"Charlie was out of line to press you like that, but I understand where she was coming from." Dean replied with a shrug as they walked. As the prince finished his statement he realized something, he had just protected a servant. Not only a servant but an angel. He had protected Castiel from a monover by his second he would have done himself without a second thought. Dean had never cared much, for anyone. He hadn't chased after women or romance or anything for that matter, all he did was train and draw blood, that was why they called him the cold prince. Dean liked torture and war, it gave him a sense of control, he didn't feel bad about it. He felt as if the people he killed deserved it. So then why did he feel the need to protect Castiel. It was different from the way he protected Sam.

"I..." the angel started and then paused his speech for a moment, "thank you..." Another pause before, "I thought you were the cold prince-"

The prince turned to Castiel sharply, halting his movements. "Don't" He almost spat, "I know what I am, and I dont need some angel second guessing that. Go run me a bath." Dean wouldn't look Castiel in the eye, he was fighting himself internally, distraught because of the new found emotion.

"Prince I-"

"That's enough Cas!" Dean snapped before picking up his pace and storming towards his chambers, not even pausing as he realized what he had just called the angel. Cas... A nickname. For an angel.

⤧     

Dean stormed up to his room, what was he doing, he couldn't believe himself. He had always been known as the cold prince. It wasn't just a reputation, it was him, he was cold and emotionless, and now he was being all soft with a servant, even worse with an angel. He had been doing good for himself until those blue eyes dared to glance up at him. As he entered his chambers he watched Castiel as he lugged heavy buckets back and forth until the bath was full and then added the oils and herbs, just as Hael had. Dean knew his feelings for Cas were wrong, whatever the feelings were and he could easily get rid of the angel... he quickly shook the thought away. He wouldn't- couldn't do that.

Dean didn't understand what the angel had over him, why his eyes had such an effect upon him and he cursed himself for that as he walked towards Castiel. He lead the bright eyed boy back to the bathing chambers. For a second they the two of them stood near the bath, not looking at each other. Then Cas took a step forward and he lifted his hands, his fingers found their way under the hem of Dean's shirt causing him to shiver.

Dean wanted to step back, but he didn't, he almost liked the feeling and couldn't bring himself to pull away. Cas pulled the shirt up, and the prince could feel him letting his hands brush across the muscle that lay beneath. Just as the angel was about to pull the shirt over his head, it got stuck and the prince laughed involuntarily as Castiel started trying to pull it off desperately.

The prince waved a hand for him to step back and pulled his shirt off himself, along with his pants and undershorts. Dean climbed into the bath and felt Castiel's eyes staying upon his face, trying to at least. But as he started to bathe himself he knew his gaze had drifted and although he felt a chuckle rising in his throat he swallowed it down. He allowed the angel to watch him bathe, deciding against having him do others chores as he had done with Hael. He had had Hael bathe him once, just as other princes had their female servants do, but it did nothing for him and so he ordered her out. He almost called out to Castiel, to have him do it, but before he could say anything he closed his mouth. He did not need to let this- this- admiration for the boy become any bigger.

Dean soon finished and climbed out of the bath, letting Cas stare for a moment as he stood naked before instructing him to dry him off and help him put on a loose pair of clothes. The angel's face flushed red as he did as ordered and then followed him out of the chambers and to the tailor.

⤧     

The tailor, James, was already waiting when the prince and the angel entered the room. The man bowed low and requested the prince to strip to his under shorts. He put on the sleek, dark red suit which set out the green of his eyes. Castiel stood in the corner of the room as the man put pins in the fabric, fitting it to the prince perfectly. The suit hugged Dean in all the right places, it made him look both masculine and elegant. It made him look like a prince. The fabric was a blood red satin, that was soft to the touch. The man picked up a black tie and put it on the prince, but he shook his head before picking up a tie, the color matching the suits'. He explained that the prince would wear a black button up before placing a mirror in front of him.

"It looks great," The green eyed prince grinned and turned to Castiel, "What do you think Cas?" He asked.

Castiel smiled shyly at the prince, he did look handsome, very very handsome. And he used that nickname for him again, Cas. Gabriel had called him that when he was younger, but it had quickly fallen away. "You look very handsome your highness," he replied swiftly making Dean smile widely back at him.

"You know, maybe I can have James make you something-"

Suddenly Bobby burst through the door, breathing heavily as he ran up and grabbed the prince's arm. "The angels have killed another battalion of soldiers that were guarding the border, there is no time, we must go!" He shouted, pulling on Dean's arm. Castiel watched in horror as the two of them raced out of the room, before the prince's voice sounded.

"Cas, come here!" Dean's voice was urgent and the angel hurried out of the room and after them. The three of them hurried to the stables, where an army of soldiers waited for the prince's arrival so they could depart.