Nine

It was dark, Dean could barely see his hand in front of his face, but he made his way to the castle just as he had the previous day. He knew Cas had to be in the there somewhere. He went to the massive windows, but all of them were shut and locked. He sighed in frustration, he couldn't just walk in the front doors. He closed his eyes, thinking hard.

The door, in the dungeon. There was a large wooden door at the far end of the dungeon where Lisa was being held, he could get in through there. Dean made his way to the back of the castle, he couldn't see anything but after a few minutes of walking around he found the door. So far he hadn't encountered any guards, but he expected that would change as soon as he entered the castle. He twisted the door knob, it was unlocked. He pushed the door open as quietly as he could, but it was much heavier than it looked so as soon as the hole was large enough to fit through, he went in.

There was only one holy fire torch in the entire dungeon, and it was at the opposite end of the room. It sounded like the majority of the prisoners were asleep, and there were three guards posted in the room. Dean could take them out easily. He grabbed one of his throwing daggers and threw it toward the closest guard, it sailed through the air, and he dropped like a rock. The other two men snapped to attention, and they spotted Dean quickly. He pulled out his angel blade as both guards came at him with their own. The first guard to get to him went down quickly when Dean stabbed him. The second guard was a talented fighter, they spun around in circles trying to get at one another. The guard had managed to snag Dean a couple times, but Dean was getting annoyed. He backed the guard against a cell, and his blade went through the guards chest. The prisoner sleeping beyond was now covered in blood, and was awoken as a bright light came from within the angel, marking his death.

Dean, now bloody and annoyed made his was up the stairs. He went to the same floor as the bedroom, that he had previously entered through, and walked through the halls, scanning the rooms for any sign of Cas. Soon he came across the library, the front desk was unoccupied and there was only a dim light in the far corner. The demon prince made his way towards it cautiously and let his gaze fall on the familiar blue eyed boy huddled up in the corner, reading a small book.

Dean paused, not sure exactly what to do or how to notify the angel that he was there, he wasn't sure if Castiel would hate him, but based on their earlier interactions he must have still been angry. The demon took a step forward, purposely making it noticeable and just as he wanted, Cas turned towards him, his eyes widening when he saw Dean.

"Dean?" He gasped out quietly, standing up to stare at Dean, who in one quick move had Cas eloped in a tight hug. He squeezed the small boy and let his head rest on Castiel's shoulder, placing a soft kiss to his neck.

"I needed to see you again," Dean whispered, not pulling away from the hug, "Come back with us, please Cas."

Castiel's entire body tensed up, he lightly pushed Dean away from him, "Dean, I- I can't. The angels, they would come after you in full force. Imagine how that would look." He shook his head sadly, "You have to go."

Dean stood up, looking defeated. He turned around as if he were to leave, but then he lifted his head up and turned around, "I wont leave without you Castiel. They can throw me in the dungeon, torture me, I don't care, but I'm not leaving here without you."

"Dean that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, go back to your kingdom and marry Lisa so we can end this stupid war," Castiel didn't want any of these things, he wanted him to stay, he wanted the demon to himself, he wanted to be with Dean. But, he would never admit that, they couldn't be together, and that's just how it was.

"I'm not leaving then," Dean turned towards the library, a small smile spread across his lips. He ran his fingers along the bookcases as he walked. His smile became even wider as he heard the blue eyed angel get up and follow after him.

"Dean please, go home."

"No, Cas."

"Please-" Dean spun around to face the angel, the smile was no longer on his face. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at Cas, does Cas really not want me here?

He shook the thought from his head, "If I'm leaving so are you."

"You really won't leave? You would let them hurt you... just so you could be around me...?" Dean nodded as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Castiel sighed, "Okay, I'll go."

Dean grinned and ran his hands along Castiel's sides, making the boy shiver. He leaned down until his mouth was next to Castiel's ear, "Then let's go." He whispered, before pulling back to peck the angel quickly on the mouth and turning to leave. He heard Cas' footsteps behind him as he made his way down the stairs and back to the dungeons. They stalked through the empty hallways and back to the door, leaving the castle quickly.

"Dean, are you sure about this? The logical thing to do-"

"Shut up Cas, I'm staying wherever you are, forget logic," Dean cut him off and grabbed the angel's hand, pulling him along as they trekked through the trees and back to the border to where the tents lay. It was still pitch black out and Dean stared at the tents, conflicted about where to have Cas sleep. After a moment he squeezed the boys hand before letting go. "Stay here, I'll be right back," he told him and walked up to Charlie's tent, climbing inside to awaken her.

"Are we under attack?" was his second's immediate response and she started pulling out her angel blade, but Dean pushed the weapon down with a shake of his head.

"No, but we- well I brought Cas back, so he needs a place to sleep and I was-" Charlie let out a low laugh and clapped her hand on Dean's back.

"Say no more prince, I'll go accompany Lisa." She answered and sat up, they both climbed out of the tent and Dean walked over to Cas as Charlie climbed into the second tent.

"Come on, let's get some sleep," he said to the angel and walked back to the small tent, Castiel following close behind. Dean gestured to the single cot before moving to the side. "Here, you can have it," he told Cas who stared at him through the darkness.

"Are you sure? I mean if you want-"

"Take the cot Cas," The prince grunted out and he felt Castiel move so that he was laying on it.

"We can share it, Dean," Dean nodded and laid next to the angel. Before Dean could think about what he was doing he wrapped his arms around the younger boys waist tightly. At first the angel didn't move, but then he unfurled his wings and curled up tightly against Dean's chest, letting his wings wrap around them both. The angels wings provided an incredible warmth, they were so different from anything he had ever seen before he couldn't help but touch them. Castiel's breath hitched, "Dean please," he started, didn't know if it was from pain or from pleasure but he refrained. The demon murmured a few inaudible phrases into a the angel's skin before closing his eyes and letting sleep cloud his mind.

Castiel woke up in the morning to light shining through the feathers of his wings and he squinted his eyes open enough to see that Dean was still holding him close. Even though he knew that they should get up and start moving he simply couldn't make himself move from his comfortable position with the demon prince. He opened his eyes a bit more and tilted his head back to look up at Dean's sleeping face, he looked so peaceful and more at ease than Cas had ever seen him. Lightly Castiel leaned in to press a soft kiss to his lips, Dean grumbled in response and his eyes opened a crack, staring straight into Cas'.

"Morning angel," Dean whispered, his voice gravely, making Castiel's cheeks flush bright red.

    ⤧   

Castiel had to walk off the path on the way home, though Dean gave the angel Baby, his most beloved horse. The demon prince claimed to Lisa that the horse had run off. They walked the rest of the way home in an impressive time considering their stops. Castiel stayed in the woods,causing Dean to worry, but he trusted the angel.

When they got back to the castle everybody welcomed Lisa lovingly, and her carriage home was heavily guarded. It took another day before Dean finally spotted Cas. They both agreed it would be better if he stayed hidden as a servant, but so far, he hadn't slept in his own bed.