Seven

Dean let a tear roll down his face, he let the burning of the salt take him over, what was this angel doing to him? He just protected Cas, again. He didn't care, he wouldn't loose Cas to his father, he lost everything to his father. He walked to the balcony railing and watched as the boy ran, he wanted to call out, wanted him to come back, but he didn't. He stayed still until the angel was out of sight and then left to go find his father.

He left the room with his shoulders hunched, and his face red. But in a split second he began to walk with his shoulders back and his chest out, his cold eyes now seemed colder, almost as if one look into them would freeze you for eternity. His entire presence became stone cold, demons who would normally bow, coward in fear. He felt empty, he felt no more anger or sadness. He had no desire to watch the angel go. He found his father in the infirmary, he was having a discussion with his second in command.

Charlie almost shot out of bed when she saw the prince, but Dean held up a hand to her and interrupted their conversation, "Father, Charlie and I will make the trade with the angel kingdom. I have the angel locked up and I will give him to King Chuck of the angels in trade for my fiance."

"Good, I will await your return," was all the king said before exiting the room. Charlie looked at him, confused. The prince only walked away, following his father out of the room, but then heading towards the stables. He brought out his stallion, saddling the horse as he waited for his second.

Charlie quickly got dressed, as a demon she healed quickly. Her body was almost completely back to normal save for a small scar. She went down into the stables finding the prince with two saddled horses, she looked around for Castiel. "Dean, where is-"

"Don't," was all he said before mounting Baby and walking off. Dean's eyes remained black, and his body stiff as they rode towards the border.

    ⤧   

Castiel ran, he ran and ran until he threw up. He sat down trying to catch his breath when the tears started again. He didn't understand, he was confused and hurt, and tired. He looked around in an effort to orient himself, he could tell he was still in demon kingdom. He was in the forest which meant he would find the border sooner or later. He decided to stop and rest for the night though he had no food or water. He screamed out in frustration, he should've gone to Gabriel, instead of running off, but it was too late now. Castiel felt guilty for leaving his brother to be a servant of the demons in the castle. He screamed at himself, he screamed at Dean, at his father, and let his tears run free. He choked and sobed, he had never felt such intense emotions. They weren't about leaving Gabe, it was about the prince. Why didn't he just kill Cas, why did his feeling toward the angel take a 180 degree turn. It couldn't have been something he did, right? Was it about Lisa? If Dean didn't want him there, fine, he would go back home. He'd had enough of the demons, they acted without thinking, they were rash and cruel. But, Dean was kind, though he lived in his protective shell, leaving him cold. Castiel could've punched the prince right then and there but-

Then it hit Cas all at once, he knew exactly what Dean was trying to do. He had cut Cas off so that he didn't have to return the angel to the angel kingdom. If the demons wanted their princess back, the angels wanted their prince back. Dean would try to rescue Lisa instead of trading Cas for her. The only flaw in the prince's logic was that he still had lost Cas, and he made it one hundred times harder for himself to get Princess Lisa back. Maybe he'd run into Dean and make it easy on him, give the angels the trade they wanted. He would never see the green eyed prince again.

Cas barely slept that night, but it was restless sleep. He woke with the sun, his eyes were puffy from the crying, and he felt as if he'd been hit by a boulder. Not long after he woke up he set off towards the border, and the entrance to the angel kingdom. He came across a small stream and drank from it hungrily.

    ⤧   

Charlie and Dean kept moving, night and day, they took no breaks, made no stops. The prince hadn't calmed down, everything set him off, he was colder than ever before, and it made even Charlie a little uneasy. It took them about two days of non-stop travel before the wall claiming the border between the two kingdoms came into sight. Even that seemed to set him off, he wanted to kill every angel in that kingdom, because every angel in that kingdom wanted to take Cas. Cas was the one good thing, the one good thing Dean had found in the demon kingdom, but their time was cut short. He couldn't have the angel, he needed to take care of his kingdom, he needed to marry Lisa, and win the angel war. Even if it meant destroying it.

It took almost another full day to reach the border wall. Dean hushed Charlie as they approached it. There was no way through the wall, they would have to abandon their horses and climb over. Dean picked up one of his throwing daggers, he heard movement. He listened as he heard the leaves on the ground rustle, it was footsteps and he knew instantly there was someone out there, on their side of the wall. The steps were uneven and sloppy, their breathing was labored and hard, it wasn't a trained guard. He stopped his horse and lowered his body. It was too late before Dean realized who it was, Castiel. The demon gasped, his body shot up, and his eyes settled back to their usual intense green. Fear took over Dean's entire body, and he was frozen in place. He could hear Charlie calling his name, but her voice sounded distant as if it was miles away or under water.

And then he was there, the only person who made Dean's heart race, who made him nervous, the only person he wanted to be perfect for, Castiel. The blue eyed boy hardly seemed to notice the demons before he was right in front of them. His eyes immediately widened, but in a flash Dean was next to him. Charlie smiled as she watched the two, she knew the angel softened Dean, that he cared for Dean. He deserved it, Dean tried so hard for his kingdom and his father, he deserved Castiel. Castiel tried to run but Dean's arms were wrapped around him, "Castiel- Cas I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." the demon began to shake as he held the angel in his arms. He relaxed slightly as Castiel hugged him back, "My father, he was trying to- trying to get rid of you," his words were becoming a jumble, "and I-"

Castiel took ahold of Dean's face and kissed him deeply before pulling away, "You talk too much, Dean." Dean smiled, he kissed the shorter boy, he let his arms wrap around the boys waist, and he wanted to never let go. But, reality hit him, he pulled away from the angel sadly. He had to be good for his kingdom, he couldn't love an angel, they were enemies and that would never change.

"I'm sorry Cas. My father told me the king of the angels had contacted him. They captured Lisa from her carriage home from the ball, and they requested you in trade for her. I was just so angry, my father knew we were getting close, I knew we were getting close. I should have ended it, but I didn't. I didn't want to. I had hoped you would be back at home by now, but we will have to bring you, so I can bring Lisa home. So I can become king."

"It makes no sense, I'm only a soldier," Cas lied. He was still angry at Dean, mostly for hurting him and not explaining, but also for not telling him about the engagement. He was so overrun with emotions, grief, anger, sadness. He shook his head, "I will not go with you." Cas took off, he ran as fast as he had the night Dean kicked him out. He knew the demon would not get his fiance back without him, the angel guard was just as well as the demon guard, a big reason the war wasn't tipping either way. He had no more tears to cry, he just sat alone in the dark, grieving his loss. He didn't want Dean to marry Lisa, he would do everything he could to stop it.