Fifteen

Sam walked up the cell door and stared into it, Castiel was in one of the back corners, he was only covered by a light blanket and was visibly shaking. The young prince took a step closer and reached to open the door. A guard stepped in front of him quickly, stopping him.

"I'm sorry Prince Samuel, this prisoner is dangerous and I can't allow you to go in," the guard told him, laying a soft hand on his back to lead him away, "come, I'll show you back to your room."

Sam shook his head and didn't move, he glanced back at Castiel, who was looking up at him nervously. "Why is he locked up?" He asked the guard.

"Your brother found out that this man is one of the princes of the angel kingdom." The older demon explained.

"Did he send him here? Dean wouldn't do that! You need to let Castiel go, he and Dean-"

"Sam," a broken sounding and dry voice broke him off, Sam turned hastily to see that Castiel had crawled up closer to the prison door, "I-" the angel silenced himself as the guard took a step closer to the door.

"No, let him talk." Sam insisted, but the guard shook his head firmly.

"Prince, I'm sorry, but I'll need to escort you back to your quarters, it isn't safe here." The guard said and took hold of the prince's hand. Sam tried to rip his hand out of the older demon's grip, but his hold only tightened as he started leading him back towards the stairs.

"No! You need to let me talk to him! What do you even plan to do with him?" Sam asked, glaring up at the demon guard.

"I believe Crowley said his execution was scheduled for today," the guard replied simply and Sam gasped loudly and started struggling again.

"You can't do that! You can't kill him! He-" the guard cut him off and stopped as they reached the young prince's quarters.

"I'm sorry prince, but it is what needs to be done. Why don't I have Azazel come and continue your lessons?" The guard asked, opening up the door and stepping inside. Sam was quickly dragged in behind, and then was left alone, frowning and confused. He had to do something, he couldn't just let Castiel die. He had to get his brother off his lazy ass to stop this.

Sam waited for a few moments, he sat next to his door listening to the movements outside. His usual two guards were out there, but so was the other guard. He talked to Sam's two guards for a couple minutes and finally left. Sam then opened the door and ran out into the hallway, he went straight for his brother's room. He could hear his guards yelling after him, but he didn't stop. He ran until he reached his brother's quarters, only to be halted at the door by another demon guard, Sam was getting quite tired of them.

"Prince Dean has requested that no one to enter his quarters." he said simply.

Sam scowled, "He's my brother, he'll will get over it." He pushed past the guard and into the room. He recoiled quickly at the smell. He choked as his eyes watered and he covered his nose. "It smells like something died in here." There was no response, so he walked farther into the quarters and into Dean's sleeping chambers. He found the elder prince rolled up in bed. His breathing was shallow, his face burned from tears, and his eyes were closed.

For a moment Sam felt great pity for the older boy, he had never seen Dean so scared or upset in his whole life, "Dean..." Sam touched his brother lightly on the shoulder, the only response Dean gave was another tear falling down his cheek, burning and smoking. "Dean, listen to me. You have to let dad go, you can't just hide away and pretend nothing's happening. You need to get up, the kingdom needs you, Cas needs you, you need to save him-"

"Save him? Why?" Dean looked up at his brother quickly, his eyes flashed with alarm and worry, "is he okay?"

"They're going to execute him today-" Dean's eyes flashed with pain, but then hardened as they flickered to black. He sat up in bed and rushed to his closet. He picked out his captain of the guard uniform and dressed quickly.