Four

After days of travel by horseback, the demon soldiers and their servants had arrived near the border. There were no villages near the borders, so they had been riding through empty forest for a while. The demon soldiers rode black horses while the angels traveled on foot carrying most of their supplies. Castiel had struggled to keep up at the front next to Dean, but hadn't made a single complaint so far.

The prince rode at the very front, atop a large, black friesian stallion he had called Baby. He wore black riding tights, and his captain of the guard jacket. Dean had always loved riding on horseback and this journey was no different. He sat atop Baby and watched the forest move around him while thinking up battle plans.

Dean watched as the sun began to lower in the sky, he thought about Castiel, but didn't bother to glance down at him. The angel had been walking on foot since before the sun had risen, and had been doing so everyday without a break. They usually walked until there was no daylight left. The prince halted his bulky horse and jumped down, then turned to the soldiers. "We stay here tonight, scope the area and watch the angel's movement." He handed the reins to his second hand, Charlie. She parted, taking the horse with her. Some of Dean's men were setting up tents, unpacking their horses, or getting ready to scope and clear the area.

Dean's voice rose up after a few minutes completely emotionless, "Kill anyone who might be a threat, kill on sight, and do not hesitate. We will be victorious." He turned, leaving Castiel behind, letting his eyes stay completely black. He had had a lot of time to think over the past few days and he knew he was becoming way too close to the angel. He was a servant and nothing more, and he needed to keep it that way. Dean had always been cold, and he was soon to be wed. He couldn't let anything distract him, he just hoped bringing Castiel to the attack wouldn't be a mistake.

Most of Dean's men split into groups, Dean leading one, Charlie leading one, and Ketch, his third in command, leading another. A group stayed behind, to scope the campground, prepare weapons, and watch the angels.

Dean led his group North, towards the angel kingdom. "Stop!" A voice shouted, "Who comes!"

Dean held a throwing dagger, "Your prince, imbecile." Dean said coolly. His group frantically looked around for the source of the voice. Dean threw his dagger, a lazy flick of his wrist, almost as if he was bored. A gasp came as the dagger struck true, finding its target. The demon soldier fell from the tree, dropping like a rock in front of the entire group. Some stared, some even took a step back, but there was no noise and the prince continued forward. He held a smirk on his face, this was who he truly was.

  ⤧    

Castiel stayed at the camp while the prince and his teams had set off. He was setting up the prince's quarters, a simple tent with a cot on the inside. He thought about the week prior, Dean had shown a lot of affection for the angel. He had saved his life, threatened his second in command, and given him a nickname. But, just as they set out to meet the angel kingdom at the border Dean had begun to ignore him. He showed little interest in him and only spoke when giving instruction. Castiel frowned and walked out of the prince's tent after finishing up. He needed to be getting more information, but he wasn't sure how.

He glanced at the demon guard who was watching the angel servants, a sharp sword strapped to his back as he ordered the angels around. Cas quietly walked towards the back of the camp, where he crouched behind a tent and then quickly ran into the forest. He didn't want to escape- no, he just wanted to take a walk, get a few things off his mind. He slowed his pace down to a walk and looked up through the trees, taking a deep breath in.

He walked for a while, taking in the forest and clearing his mind. The familiar sound of angel wings flapping behind him had Castiel spinning on his heels to face a group of five angel soldiers. All held angel blades pointed at Cas' head as he threw his hands in the air and got onto his knees before the soldiers.