Eleven

Dean stood in front of a full body mirror as James made some final adjustments to his suit. The wedding would take place in only an hour's time and though the prince knew this would be good for his kingdom, the aching in his chest didn't lessen. The thought of being married wasn't what bothered him anymore, it was who he was marrying. Still, he put on a smile and looked down at the paper where he had written his vows for Lisa. The words were heartfelt and real, just not towards Lisa. Dean knew it was rude and utterly wrong to think of Cas when writing his vows for the princess, but it was the only way he was able to write any vows at all. Today was the day. He took a deep breath and smiled as James finished up, he thanked the tailor and left, walking down the hall. He made his way down to the main ballroom where the reception would be held. The wedding was changed to where he'd be crowned right afterwards since his father's sickness was becoming much worse. Dean glanced around and his gaze landed on a group of angels cleaning a nearby hallway floor. He hadn't seen Cas all day and logically he knew the angel would be setting up with the others somewhere else in the castle, but he was still freaking out.

He found the ballroom and stared at the doors for a moment, before walking in, most people were seated and the minister was standing at the front. Dean's father wasn't in attendance, he was in his chambers, his condition deteriorating. Dean could hardly stand still, he moved up the aisle and took his place next to Sam, who he asked to be his best man. The massive amount of people stared straight at him, but Dean's eyes were scanning them as well trying to find one person. He couldn't find Castiel in the group of angels standing at the back either. It seemed as if they stood there in silence for hours just waiting for everything to start. The demon prince quickly flickered his eyes so they were completely black, it was a tradition that a demon always should during their wedding. A few claps and cheers sounded from the audience as he did so.

Finally, the music began and Lisa appeared in the doorway after the ash girl tossed the black ashes around the aisle. Her dress was beautiful, it fit her body, and flared out at her knees. She wore a long veil that flowed past the train of her dress, and covered her small face. Her hair was styled up, and she wore a pretty smile. She slowly made her up towards the prince, a group of younger demons following behind her. She stood beside Dean, who took her hands in his and soon the minister began to speak. Everything happened so quickly after that and before Dean knew it, they began to say their vows. Lisa's were full of love and hope, as were Dean's own, but he didn't meet his soon to be wife's gaze and continued to scan the audience nervously.

⤧  

Cas stood at the back of the room next to Gabriel, out of view from Dean, he had tried so hard not to cry during the wedding, but as the two said their vows, he felt more broken than ever. The words Dean said explained the exact way Cas felt towards the demon prince and seeing him say them to Lisa, it broke him. Gabriel squeezed his hand in support and Cas nodded his thanks. He felt a soft gaze land on him, he looked up and around, trying to find out who it was. Charlie, she was standing at a special position as Dean's second, her eyes were locked on Castiel's face. She made a small gesture with her hand, but he knew exactly what it meant.

Was he crazy enough to do it? He better be because his feet were already in motion. The minister had just asked for any objections and Castiel raised his hand as he moved forward to the front of the room, not stopping. He felt the entire rooms gaze on him, but he was looking straight at Dean. Suddenly Dean's eyes were on him as well, they were a beautiful green which had everyone in the room gasping.

The angel broke into a run as he went for Dean, every guard in the room turned to him, pointing their weapons, but Castiel just threw his arms around Dean's neck and kissed him deeply. He kissed the demon prince in front of his entire kingdom, he kissed him with his entire heart and soul and relished in the feeling that came along with it. And you know what? Dean kissed him back. The demon prince kissed him back in front of everyone. He felt a smile spread across his lips as Dean deepened the kiss and picked him up. The room went dead silent, no one made a move or spoke a word.

Finally the two pulled away and Castiel turned to stare at Lisa, who was wiping a tear from her eye as she smiled softly at the two. Cas jumped down from Dean's arms and wrapped his own arms around her, "Thank you." He whispered in her ear as another tear fell from his face.

 ⤧  

Lisa left that evening, going back to her castle, she was not sad, maybe disappointed, but overall she happy for the two. She was happy to go back to her kingdom and happy to see her people as well. She promised Dean they would remain allies and gave him a small kiss on the cheek before she departed. Dean was alone in his chambers, thinking of the evening prior when a knock sounded at his door. He looked up as the knock sounded again. He went to answer the door and behind it was Bobby, he had a bitter sweet smile on his face, "You're father would like to speak with you." He said simply.

Dean nodded and watched as the older demon walked away. He took a deep breath as he made his way to his father's chambers. What was he going to say? Dean had no idea and that scared him more than anything. When he got to the door of the king's chambers he knocked softly and then entered. He made his way to his father's bed and looked down at the ill man who stared back at him blankly. "I heard about the events of today." John started.

"Father, let me explain-"

"No," he coughed, "Let me speak. I heard of the angel, the one you took back to the angel kingdom. The one you care for." He said simply and matter of factually, "Angels and Demons have fought for hundreds of thousands of years, remaining enemies, I think that maybe it is time to change that. Together we would have the strongest kingdom in the world. Marry him Dean, if you truly love the angel, marry him. I give you my blessing."

Dean wiped away the tears that rolled down his face and neck and nodded quickly, "I will." he answered, "I promise I will, I- I love him." He admitted finally. He smiled down at his father, the man he had always thought cold and cruel. He had just admitted his feelings about Castiel to him. Dean felt a surge of happiness and he lightly wrapped his arms around his father. "Thank you," he whispered softly, before pulling away.

John smiled at him, a softer smile than Dean had ever seen on his father's face. "Go, go find your angel and tell him." The king ordered and Dean nodded, running off to find his angel.