three.

MISSING.

___

     THIRD PERSON.

"hello, we are nct."

individual introductions were being made and minsoo started feeling shyer as the number of hands she shook increased.

not expecting to meet so many attractive guys at once, she mentally cursed her dad for not warning her beforehand.

but she shouldn't think of it as a big deal, right? she's used to this type of interaction from the outside world.

just this time, she asked for it.

"it's nice to meet all of you." minsoo bowed once more.

"the same with you, minsoo-ssi. it's a very big honor to be the first clan to meet the chairman's daughter." taeyong thought of and spoke out his words carefully, not wanting to say anything that would expose his flustered state.

speaking of which, the chairman's phone began to ring and he excused himself from the living room.

this left the still-nervous-as-hell boys and the awkward girl who didn't know how to sit down in a skirt.

she noticed the boy with flaming, red ears staring straight at her in admiration. when they made eye contact, he immediately turned away with a face that now matched his ears.

this seemed to go on for a few more minutes with all of the boys until minsoo decided to just look down at her lap. she tried to hide the tiniest smile that was growing on her face from the guys surrounding her.

doyoung cleared his throat, startling his friends. "uh, so... how is it like being the chairman's daughter?"

minsoo looked up at the one who asked the question. "it's not as exciting as people think. he's always working, so there's not much going on in our home life."

"ah, i see.."

minsoo gave a small apologetic smile for her lame answer and tried to make it up to him. "but, how about you guys? is being in a mafia as dangerous and thrilling as the movies make it out to be?"

"no."

"yes."

the twelve replied with mixed answers to which they all laughed at.

at that moment, daejung walked back in and sat in his seat. he smiled at the young adults.

"i'm glad to see all of you getting along, it sure will help to when you guys stay here."

minsoo shot him a questioning look, "what do you mean?"

"well, these guys are living here with you when i leave and until i come back."

everyone, to say the least, was appalled.

"we're living here?!"

"you're leaving?"

the men in the room looked at the girl, confused by her different question.

"o-oh, i mean, they're living here?" she corrected herself.

minsoo didn't know what to think. her father had just come back.

even worse, he was forcing her to live with a group of good-looking boys whom she just met and knew nothing about except for the fact that they had the capability to kill her.

"i apologize to be throwing this at you so suddenly. i know you boys were recently assigned with a huge mission but you'll just have to travel from here to the agency which, fortunately, is not that far. and to you, minsoo,"

he turned to his silent daughter that was blankly staring at him, completely lost inside her head.

"i won't be far from here, just a few cities away. something came up regarding the organization and i have to be out of town for a while. the situation is more financially serious than we thought, but it's nothing new. don't worry. and i'm sorry."

minsoo mentally sighed at her father's explanation and just nodded. "no don't be, i understand."

"i was originally going to have all of you introduce yourselves, become friends, and for you boys to personally protect minsoo while she adapts to the environment of our organization, but i suppose we have to make other decisions at times."

the associates looked at each other in shock at what they just heard.

"you were going to choose our clan to be her protection unit, sir? but you have the security division for that." johnny asked.

"well, you know how much i trust and depend on your team, especially after your last mission. i don't possess the certainty that i have for your group with other divisions. i know you all will do a great job at keeping minsoo safe and now, also keeping her company." the chairman smiled.

the boys agreed to not let their boss down and made a mental note to even impress his daughter. after a few more exchanged words, the clan had to leave.

they all turned to minsoo and bowed before leaving.

she returned the bow and watched the twelve men in suits walk out of her house.

her father kissed her on the forehead before leaving as well, reasoning out that he had to discuss further details with the group about their new living conditions.

before she closed the front door, she saw a figure running towards her with something in their hands.

the figure appeared to be a boy. he stopped in front of her and reached out both of his hands to give a small box.

"it's your first welcome gift."

a mesmerizing smile was on the boy's beautiful face as he spoke and minsoo could feel her heart aggressively hitting her chest.

she took the box in her hands and sincerely smiled back.

"thank you, jungwoo-ssi."

he bowed, turned around, and left before she could see his blushing, bright face.

minsoo closed the door and observed the mint green box laced with white designs.

she opened it, revealing a shiny, gold watch with tiny diamonds bordered around the face. while closing the box, she reminded herself to try it on later.

minsoo looked back outside and glanced at the van that was leaving.

she smiled thinking of the boy who gave her the watch, and considered his smile being her actual gift instead.

ℳℳℳ

edited.