four.

MISSING.

___

      THIRD PERSON.

"tell me why that was the most nervous i've ever been in my entire life and we've been on so many missions that involved killing people?"

nct was back at their house after the meeting with the chairman and his daughter. they could now breathe normally and express all of their emotions that they'd been keeping inside while at the other house and on the way back home.

"because he would kill us on the spot if we weren't in our best behavior," kun answered doyoung.

everyone sat down in exhaustion from their long day. jaehyun brought up the topic that they were all thinking about ever since the meeting.

"what'd you guys think of minsoo?"

"don't even get me started." johnny breathed out exasperatedly which caused his brothers to laugh and agree.

"where has she been all my life?" taeyong sighed, remembering the girl that they all had imprinted in their minds.

jungwoo still couldn't wipe the smile that was hurting the cheeks on his face.

"you don't have to worry about that anymore since we're gonna be living with her in like, a week." ten said.

"shit... what's that gonna be like?"

"i have no idea but all i know is i'm gonna enjoy it," yuta smiled mischievously.

"that makes the two of us," lucas gave him a high-five.

the oldest out of the bunch spoke up. "hey. don't do anything stupid, you bastards."

the younger ones laughed but were aware that taeil was serious.

"it was a joke, hyung. besides, i doubt the chairman will ever let us get with his daughter, nor do we even have a chance."

they didn't want to admit it, but mark spoke the truth. she was just a very important person in their care. no more, no less.

ℳℳℳ

     JI MINSOO.

i knocked on dad's office door and waited for a response.

i heard some movement on the other side and then a faint, "come in."

dad was sitting down at his desk looking the most stressed that he's ever been. what looked like hundreds of papers and folders were scattered all over the table and floor and his phone constantly kept on ringing.

"hey kiddo, what's up?" he tried to smile at me while silencing his phone.

the sympathy i had for this man was slowly eating me up, but not as quick as the guilt did.