nine.

MISSING.

_

_

     THIRD PERSON.

"if it's okay for me to ask you, why did you ask me to help you train?"

"matt, have you seen me? i can't let myself grow horizontally, i'm barely growing vertically."

the man laughed, "you don't even look that bad, but seriously."

minsoo thought for a moment. she trusted matthew very much, enough to even ask him not to tell the others about her training.

"well, as you said, it's a great stress reliever. plus, i don't want people seeing me in bad condition. the huge party is coming up and i wanna leave a good first impression, you know?"

"hmm... yeah, i get it. first impressions are important. but people shouldn't focus on your physical appearance, your personality is what matters."

"wow, you really are too nice of a person to be friends with me. i agree with you. but unfortunately, society and most people, don't."

they agreed, laughing. 

"just promise me one thing, min-min."

"huh?"

"promise me that you're doing this, or will do this, for yourself and not others."

".... okay, i promise."

ℳℳℳ

     a week and a half later.

the day of welcoming party was drawing closer.

nct were continuing the training for their big mission, and minsoo was preparing for hers as well.

it was morning once again and minsoo woke up particularly early. she could hear the boys getting ready downstairs and was in a good mood to head over and say hi.

she no longer felt the soreness as bad as the first few days of her training and began adapting to her daily workouts with matthew.

dressed in her usual bundled-up apparel, minsoo made her way to the first floor of the house.

she approached the main room where everyone was and stopped abruptly when she heard the chitchat being exchanged between the boys.

"do you think minsoo is actually sick? we haven't seen her in a while," it was taeyong talking. the girl being spoken about hid behind a wall and finally put her eavesdropping skills to use.

"i saw her the other night in the kitchen and she looked perfectly fine. she was actually eating." who sounded like jungwoo, said.

minsoo cursed herself quietly for being seen, especially when she was eating the late-night snack matthew had meal prepped for her.

"ah, maybe that's why she's acting like that!" ten's obvious voice exclaimed.

"what?" it was lucas's deep voice this time.

ten giggled, "maybe- she doesn't want us to see her gaining weight and ruin her image!"

"ah, and that's why she's been wearing oversized clothes!" doyoung seemed to agree.

"i get her being protective of her image, but i never would've thought she'd be so sedentary after meeting someone like her dad."

minsoo couldn't believe her ears at the conversation going on in the next room. if they only knew what she had been up to, they wouldn't even dare to say such things.

she felt herself getting heated as she heard more laughter.

normally, she would've angrily called the guys out by now, but she decided to let her blood boil silently.

"oh, hi minsoo! what are you doing up so early?" mark showed up behind her and the voices in the other room halted at once. the two youngest walked in and saw the rest of the group, frozen in place.

minsoo, who kept calm, pretended to pull out her earbud. "good morning mark, morning guys. i guess i just wanted an earlier start today... who knows what could happen?"

and boy, did things already happen.

the older guys were relieved, seeing that minsoo didn't hear what they were discussing minutes before.

"that's great! it's nice to finally see you in the morning." jaehyun, together with his clan, smiled at her.

"likewise..." a grin made up her face, but pettiness made up her emotions.

ℳℳℳ

"you seem way more into exercising today, min-min! new inspirations, perhaps?"

matthew noticed the increased amount of energy and effort minsoo was putting in during their drills that was not initially present before.

"i guess you can say that." the girl said while maintaining her headstand position while her eyes were closed.

her trainer observed his student and was amazed by her quick learning and adjusting, but even more by her body improvements and changes.

"if i ever start proffesionally training people, i don't think i'll ever see someone drastically improve as fast as you. you're really taking this seriously, huh?" he said, clearly very impressed.

minsoo was sincere about developing herself. in order to find her brother, she'll really have to know what she's doing and what she's getting into.

but of course, she couldn't expose that to anyone. for now.

"i am." she sat down to rest. "thank you for helping me out. ever since i stopped living like i did a few months ago, i've been in such a slump."

matthew showed her a soft smile. "i'm here anytime. you did tell me about how you were like in the past, and i'm willing to help you improve and change- starting with your health!"

minsoo was extremely grateful for new-found friend.

"ah, by the way. i think i'll be breaking that promise of ours a little bit." she confessed.

"why is that?"

minsoo explained to him what she had overheard that morning. matthew burst out in laughter and received a punch in the arm.

"oh my god, no way! they said that?"

"yeah, i swear i could've started a fight right then and there. no one talks about my lazy ass like that."

matthew smirked. "well, you'll get to show them who's boss in a few days."

ℳℳℳ

the boys shady asf

they'd probably say the same abt me tbh

thanks for reading another sucky chapter lmaoaoao <3

ℳℳℳ

edited.