eleven.

MISSING.

_

   JI MINSOO.

it was getting late and hours have passed. i mindlessly walked around, bowing every now and then to person to person.

every table had a group of extremely attractive men in suits and i tried not to shy away from the attention i was receiving. i could only recall some memorable clan names and faces like bangtan, seventeen, monsta x,  shinee, and a few more.

"when the chairman revealed that he had a daughter, i did not expect her to be this beautiful." a charming boy named baekhyun commented. i was chatting with his group, exo.

"i think he kept her hidden for a reason, you know, from guys like you." minseok said to him and baekhyun made an offended face. chanyeol laughed loudly while hitting junmyeon on the arm.

"i think chanyeol hyung is drunk, again." sehun eyed him narrowly.

"no, he hasn't said 'i love you' one hundred times yet." jongin teased. chanyeol laughed even more, almost falling over until baekhyun caught him.

"so minsoo-ssi, how do you like your welcoming party so far?" kyungsoo reverted the conversation back towards me.

"oh, it's going pretty fine. i've met countless people already, i don't think i remember half of them." i said honestly at the handsome man.

"that's okay, as long as you remember us." yixing smiled cheekily and all i could do was smile back.

"our little brothers in nct are really lucky to have been chosen to be your protection unit, they get to see you all the time." jongdae mentioned and his members agreed. i wonder if they know that they actually live with me.

"ah, speaking of which. nct!" junmyeon called out as the clan passed by our table. they saw exo and i standing together at one table and immediately walked over.

"hey hyungs, what's up?" mark greeted, glancing at me. i drank my wine unwarily.

everyone joined in on the small talk. "we were just actually talking about how you guys are so lucky to be able to see minsoo all the time."

"oh, we think so too." johnny said, hinting a little smirk.

"it's quite the responsibility to be personally chosen by the chairman though," chanyeol said.

"yeah, that last mission you guys went on really paid off huh?" junmyeon nudged taeyong with his elbow.

taeyong laughed and rubbed the back of his neck, "i guess so. but we're doing pretty fine, hyung."

"that's good. it's getting late and it seems like everyone's leaving, so we'll get going as well." they announced their goodbyes and we exchanged our bows. "it was nice meeting you, minsoo-ssi."

"see you around soon, yeah?" minseok winked and i nodded back in the same lively manner.

"hm, they're cute." i mumbled thoughtfully as we saw them get escorted out.

gradually, the venue was getting less crowded and i was soon left alone at a table with the boys of nct.

some of us were tipsy from the alcoholic drinks being served all night, but it was nothing that ruined our friendly conversations.

"it's nice talking freely with you like this, minsoo. we don't get to talk much." jungwoo said.

"ahh...i'm sorry." i laughed, not exactly thinking straight myself. it's been a while since i've drank something other than water. fortunately, i was still sober enough to know what i was doing.

"i was too busy trying not ruin my image in front of you guys. isn't that right, ten?" i drank more and saw all of the guys visibly freeze in the chairs.

"you- you heard that?" ten said, alarmed. i just nodded, letting out breathy laughs. i felt myself slowing down, but weirdly enough, still keeping up with what was going on.

"i knew it. hyung, i told you guys to apologize!" mark said in annoyance.

"you're just lucky you weren't in the room." johnny argued with the younger one.

jaehyun slapped him on the arm, shaking his head. "he's right, we're the dumb ones."

"more like shady." i let out a short snicker.

"minsoo, we didn't mean it. it was a just a stupid joke, please don't be mad. we didn't know any better, i-"

"chill out, babe. i get it, you guys aren't like that. just don't let it happen again." i giggled, interrupting ten who was clearly upset with himself. i felt a weight on my shoulders disappear.

"keep drinking, i think i sobered you guys up." i poured the entire bottle of wine into each of their individual glasses.

"you're too nice.." taeil told me quietly. i grinned and clinked my glass with his.

the tension was gone and they joined me on my drunk laughter. ten, however, still wasn't registering movement and was just sitting with a red face and smile.

ℳℳℳ

ahh sorry i havent been updating !
school has finally started again :(

im still going to write and post as much as i can though, i really wanna finish this book bc of all the things to come :')

thank you for waiting and sticking around, see you soon ! <3

ℳℳℳ

edited.