twenty four.

MISSING.

_

_

     JI MINSOO.

the trees blurred into blobs of dark evergreens and rotten browns as i bolted past them, further into the hidden premises behind my home.

my creased running shoes slowed and began to drag itself across the clean-cut grass until it had finally stepped onto gravel.

i relaxed into a walk, getting the chance to catch my breath. the trees regained their towering form as they surrounded the massive treehouse before me.

it was only gathering dust and uninvited insects but its foundation— nothing could tear it down.

it desperately needed a thorough cleaning but that would have to wait. i simply needed a haven to think in, without the presence of twelve boys threatening to disrupt my peace of mind.

as if they haven't done that already.

my feelings, the same ones that i was doing such a great job in internalizing from everyone to see, was finally out, ascending. flying.

i wasn't so sure if i could manage holding the conversation they've been longing to have with me, even moreso now that a certain cat is finally out of its bag and scampering to hide.

secrets.

they've taken over my life.

perhaps releasing this one from my grasp was the right thing to do, but the ones that remained still continued to eat me up and soon, a hole will make itself prominent at the center of my body.

my mom. my brother. my mind.

where were they?

ℳℳℳ

     THIRD PERSON.

"where is she?"

mark returned to the rest of the other suited men scattered in the living room. doyoung followed right after, the frustration streaming down with the beads of sweat that lined his face.

"please tell me she didn't go missing, again." jaehyun paced back and forth, almost bumping into kun who had come back to sit down on the sofa after checking the rooms downstairs for the third time.

taeyong was nibbling on his fingers in worry, this habit establishing itself nearly as strong as his constant anxiety caused by a certain girl.

the rapid bouncing of lucas's knee was slowly agitating taeil who was sitting next to him, trying to process a clear thought.

"we looked everywhere," yuta's voice made its way from the base of the staircase and through the arc of the living room entrance. "she's not in the house."