eighteen.

MISSING.

_

      JI MINSOO.

i opened my eyes just to close them shut once again.

the bright lights on the ceiling blinded me, making me blink multiple times.

when i finally regained my vision, i scanned the room and to my surprise, i was in a hospital bed.

i tried to sit up but a painful, pulsing sensation coming from my chest stopped me from moving further and caused me to yell in pain.

this seemed to wake the entire floor and i heard loud rumbling and shouts outside of my room.

the sounds halted and the door slowly opened, revealing an anxious baekhyun.

"has the princess finally awoken from her deep sleep?" he grinned widely.

i returned a small one, "unfortunately."

minseok was the first by my side. he took my hand and caressed it gently while sadly smiling, "when i said see you soon, i didn't mean it like this."

i placed my hand onto his, "me neither."

the rest of exo piled in. we all heard a, "but i wanted to see her first!" before jongin shut the door.

"was- was that taemin?" i questioned, recognizing the voice.

chanyeol laughed at me, "yeah. some of the divisions that were either available or nearby came here as soon as they heard the news about you."

"that's really... nice of them. what did happen to me? it feels like someone fu- stabbed me in the heart." i stopped myself from swearing as i struggled to sit up.

kyungsoo sighed and helped me with less pain, controlling the bed to go up and putting a pillow behind me.

"well, that's what did happen to you- almost. about seven hours ago, you were stabbed with a knife at your house." he explained.

memories from last night flooded back into my head and i was struck with anxiety and frustration.

"the maid... there was a maid that got hurt- where is she? how is she doing?" i asked immediately when i recalled the attacker knocking the woman out.

yixing replied with reassurance, "she's been sent home and is doing fine, minor injuries."

"okay, good. um... is my dad here, by any chance?"

junmyeon took a quick peek outside of my door, "he had been waiting ever since you got rushed here, but i'm not exactly sure where he is at the moment."

i nodded wearily. one by one, every clan who had patiently waited for me to regain consciousness entered my room and shared their sympathy and concern.