Midnight Adventure and unread messages

Scarlett's POV

Tap
Tap
Tap
Tap
Tap

There it is again. I shut my eyes harder trying to ignore it. But the noise is getting all louder.

I turned to my alarm clock.

03:00

Please just stop I mentally groan covering my head with my pillow.

But the tapping doesn't stop.

Tap
Tap
Tap
Thud

Woah that was a loud one.

I jump up and out of my comfy, warm bed and run to my bedroom window.

I open the window only to be hit by a small stone against my head.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Scar." Whispered a familiar voice loud enough for me to hear.

The person stood with a flashlight and wore a green hoodie and a baggy sweat pants.

"You better be. Is there a reason for you to wake me up at 3am in the morning Mendes!?" I whispered back down at him.

I only used his last name when I was annoyed by him or in this case angry at him. (But it soon became a habit later in the years).

"Well yes. The tadpoles. Remember" He said doing a puppy face. He knew I couldn't resist it when he did that. Then it clicked.

"Okay I'm coming." I smiled.

I closed my window. I put on a orange sweat shirt and a black leggings and some winter boots and I put on a warm jacket. I grabbed my phone.

I didn't care about my hair.

I made my way downstairs being as quiet as I can. I made my way towards the door. But I stopped and went to the kitchen and grabbed some toffee sweets.

I grabbed my brothers keys and unlocked the front door and locked it again once I was outside.

"By time." I girl's voice said.

I turned around and saw Aaliyah with a flashlight.

Shawn handed me a flashlight and I thanked him.

"I don't wanna get sick." I said to Aaliyah.

Shawn led the way.

After a few minutes of walking we came up to a pond.

"Be careful, don't fall in." Shawn said.

We all flicked our flashlights toward the pond only to see little tadpoles swim in the water.

I took my phone out wanting to take a picture but it much too dark. I sighed putting my phone back in my hoodies pocket.

During the day the tadpoles weren't in this pond but during the night they were.

After an hour of watching them my phone buzzed. I took it out of my pocket to find 4 unread message from Aiden, my brother.

'Where are you?'
'Scar answer me!!'
'Dude I need my keys.'
'Dad is gonna be awake in 30 minutes!'

I looked at the time. The messages were sent 20 minutes ago.

"Jeez." I said.

"What's wrong." Shawn said.

I showed Shawn the time.

05:50

"We need to get home." Shawn said.

I nodded.

"Aaliyah let's go." I said.

"Okay." She said

We all raced home.

I took the keys and opened the front door. I locked the door again once I was inside.

I put the keys where it belonged.

As I make my way upstairs to my room, but something caught my eye in the living room.

I went to the living room only to see Aiden on his laptop he was probably. What was he doing?

"That sounds like a great plan Aid." A girl's voice said.

"A day spent with the girl I love and Taco's how couldn't it be great?" My brother asked.

"Kelly I've gotta get ready for class today, talk later, love you." My brother said to the girl.

Ooh, Face Timing at this time, quite suspicious but with a girl at this time, I need answers.

My brother closed his laptop only to see me standing in the doorway of the living room.

Aiden was shocked.

"So this Kelly, what personality does she have?" I asked smuggling.

"Who's Kelly?" Dad asked already dressed up for work.

Oohh, Aiden's in deep water now.

"I wanna know too, Dad. Who's Kelly, Aiden?"

___________________________

Published- 16 July 2018

First Edited: 1 August 2018.