Aaliyah's birthday

Still Scarlett's POV

Today was Aaliyah's birthday. I had made sure to get her the best present ever.I had gotten her a hockey stick signed by the Toronto Maple Leaves team

I hoped she liked it.

Us the Adrian family made our way to the Mendes resident. Which was next to ours.

I happily skipped along. I was always a happy person, I always wore genuine smiles, I always laughed, I found everything funny but mess with my sleep, family or friends and I get annoyed or angry.

I knocked on the Mendes household's front door. Mrs Mendes opened the door and ushered us inside.

We were throwing Aaliyah a surprise party.

She thought we forgot her birthday.

Except Shawn, her loving and dear brother. Aaliyah and Shawn went to Jack in a box.

It was nearby so they walked the way seeing as he had 3 more years left until he would get his licence.(I don't know at what age Canadians are allowed to drive since this is a Fanfiction we'll say that at the age of 16 they can drive.)

Cousins, family and friends had all arrived 10 minutes after us. Shawn and Aaliyah left at 13:00 we arrived at the Mendes resident at 13:20 and right now it was 13:50.

"I see them down the street, everyone to your hiding place." Mrs Medes said.

I hid behind the door.

The door opened and Aaliyah walked in and everyone jumped out and yelled 'Happy Birthday Aaliyah!'.

Aaliyah stood in the door her eyes wide open and teary.

"Happy birthday Aly." I said hugging the girl.

Time passed on. We all stood outside, people were having a barbeque.

Aaliyah was talking to her cousins and friends.

It came time to open the presents.

Everyone entered the house.

I hid her present outside not wanting her to know what it is.

All year she's been telling me how cool it would be to have a hockey stick signed by the world famous hockey team.

So if she saw it then my surprise would of been given away.

I exited the house to get the hockey stick.

"Where you going?" I heard Shawn ask.

"To fetch Aly's present." I said happily.

I picked her present up.

"No way, how did you get these signatures?" He asked.

"Kelly's brother's friend got me and Aiden tickets to the hockey match 6 months ago so I got the stick signed." I said with a smile.

"You are awesome." Shawn said.

I smiled.

I made my way back I side only to trip over one of my loose shoelace.
But luckily Shawn caught me just in time.

We were inches from each other. He looked into my eyes and I did the same.

Then fireworks went off in my stomach. He kissed me and I kissed back. Wow.

We both stopped and looked at each other, we both blushed.

"What just happened?" I asked, I was confused

"I kissed you." Shawn said guilty.

"And I kissed you back." I said guilty too.

"Friends?" Shawn asked

"Yeah let's shake it." I said.

I shook his hand and he shook mine.

We entered the house.

"Where have you two been?" My mother asked.

"I went to fetch the hockey stick." I whispered to my mother.

I watched Aaliyah open her gifts. Time seemed to pass really quickly.

"Looks like that was the last present." Mr Mendes said.

"No wait." I said.

I made my way to Aaliyah. I hid the stick behind my back.

"Happy birthday Aaliyah." I said smiling.

I handed her the hockey stick.

"Oh my gosh!!THANK YOU Scarlett." Aaliyah said hugging the life out of me.

I tapped on her shoulder.

"Kinda suffocating here." I said.

Aaliyah let go. We enjoyed the rest of the night. But I constantly kept thinking about this afternoon.

That kiss...

What did it mean? Did he like me? Why did we kiss in the first place? What was those fireworks I felt?

If he did like me then why did he say to stay friends? It was a mistake. Shawn didn't like me. It was only my imagination playing tricks on me.

But the kiss...

It was my first kiss.