§igñ ît

-Skip to Wednesday the 23 September 2015

I awoke to the sudden sound of my alarm of my phone

Today I don't feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed
Don't feel like picking up my phone
So leave a message on my ...

I switched my alarm off, that song described how I felt now, I just wanted to be lazy.

Then I saw mom walk into my room wearing a white shirt, black dress pants and a navy blazer with a necklace that consisted of small pears and 4 inch heels.

Then it struck me.

"Oh, dang the meeting!" I yelled out.

All mom did was smile.

I raced to the bathroom, did I mention we were in California, yeah we flew here yesterday afternoon.

I entered the bathroom. I showered, brushed my teeth and hair. Somehow, it wasn't straight, it was wavy and I kinda liked it.

I put on a white rip jeans, a flowing turquoise top, turquoise shoes, earrings, and a black blazer. I put my phone and lip gloss, along with my ID and Drivers Licence in my bag.

Mom called me to finish up, I made sure that everything i needed was in my bad and I was out.

Me, mom and dad made our way to the buffet in the hotel, mom and dad had a morning breakfast, which was egg, toast, bacon and chips. I on the other hand had pancakes with a fruit salad and orange juice.

Once we finished breakfast it was 11am we made our way to our rented car and drove off to Island Records.

We walked into the building and up to a secretary.

"Good day, we are looking for Charles Tores." Mom said.

"Oh, you must be the Adrian's, Mr Tores is on Floor 11, please take a seat in the waiting area." The secretary said, I read her name tag, Emelia.

We made our way to the 11th floor, the we took a seat in the waiting area.

Then a lady who the same suit as Emelia had on, meaning she was a secretary too, told us to follow her and so we did.

We came to a stop and the lady knocked on a door and entered, leaving us waiting. She soon exited the room and told us to enter and take a seat. We entered and took a seat.

Then a man walked in. And took a seat opposite from us.

"Good day, you must be the Adrian family." The man said.

"We are." Mom said.

"I'm Mr Tores but you can call me Charles, welcome to Island Records. I'm hoping you've read the information I've sent you." Charles said.

"We have." Dad said.

"So taking that into consideration, you, Scarlett are here today to sign a contract with us. So parents are you in favour of this?" Charles asked.

"What ever makes her happy, is our best interest but we just don't want her dropping out of school. Her school career is almost finished, it's what we think is best for her right now." Mom said.

Charles nodded.

"It's just that your channels views are increasing, over days and hours, we just don't want to loose your talent to another label. So once you sign the contract we can discuss further." Charles said.

He handed the contract to us and gave us a few minutes along, to read it.

"So do we have a say in this contract?" Mom asked.

"Yes this is a temporary contract which will allow you as parents to have a say this contract will only allow her to release one album, but after 2 years she'll have to sign another contract to release another." Charles explained.

Mom and dad nodded into understanding.

"So I have to ask, does Scarlett have a Visa, passport and ID or birth certificate?" Charles asked.

"Yes she has." Mom answered.

"Okay, so if you do sign this we don't need to worry about that." Charles said.

After reading the contract Charles spoke up.

"We wanted to contact you a year ago, but we saw you as too young. I have to ask, how old are you?" Charles asked.

"I just turned 16 a week ago." I said.

"Wow. So what grade are you in?" Charles asked.

"10th Grade." I said.

"As I was saying, we were planning on touring, being an open act during holidays and so. And we saw you as too young to do so, being 14 years and travelling, being an opening act, doing covers creating singles and albums, it would be tiering, hopefully now you can do so." Charles said.

Okay I'm going to leave and give you 10 minutes to discuss when I come back could you please tell me as to what you answer is." Charles said, standing up and walking out while being in his phone.

When the door closed mom spoke up.

"Scarlett, honey. This probably wasn't your dream, so what's you opinion darling?" Mom said.

"I don't know. I mean, this is an amazing opportunity and it's not everyday you get such an opportunity. It would be great travelling the world, but my friends and family, I would miss you all but I'm gonna try, I promise I'll try coping, I promise my grade won't suffer." I said.

"Scarlett we want to say is that we are proud of you and this is a big step in life, and the the age you are at now defines the person you'll become one day, I just don't want my baby to turn into someone I don't know.And remember once your grades drop, we cancel the contract." Dad said.

I hugged him.

We continued talking and soon Charles walked back in.

Charles phone conversation

Shawn's POV

I was busy packing and making sure everything was in my bags, we were leaving Kansas City, Missouri and we were going to Nashville, Tennessee for the next 2 concerts.

The suddenly I got a call from Andrew, my manager.

-Phone Conversation-

Shawn- Hey Andrew.

Andrew- Hi Shawn, so are you guys boarding the plane yet?

Shawn- The plane got staled at some other airport so we only boarding in an hour's time.

Andrew- Okay, um I'm sorry to bother you right now but Charles wants to speak to you.

Shawn- Okay, so should I call him now?

Andrew- He's going to call you in a few minutes, I've got to go.

Shawn- Okay, bye.

Andrew- Bye

I put my phone in my pocket and took my bags to the lobby, 5 minutes later I got a call from Charles.

Shawn- Hi Charles

Charles- Hi Shawn, so I've heard from your manager and he has agreed to have our new artist open for your tour in 2 weeks time.

Shawn- Okay, sounds cool. Is this the same artist I'm going to collaborate a new song with?

Charles- Yeah, Shawn I need to go, I've got another incoming call. Talk to you again. Bye.

Shawn- Bye.

I put my phone back in my pocket and began humming a tune.