Chapter 2

Steering into the garage I put the car into park, stepping out of the car I left the key on the key holder.

I stare at the vast wooden glass door with fear of what might be of my fate if the door opens.

Dad prefers living in a luxurious homely environment since my Mum loves flowers she had a small garden for visitors for site seeing.

I fist my hand while the other wrap around the knob but before I could open the door it's pulled open reviewing Kate our cook. She was the one who practically raised me showing me a bit of a mother's love. 

She smiles warmly leaving the door open for me to come in "is Dad and Mom inside? " I inquire with a smile.

I walk into the kitchen placing my bag on the counter before opening the mini-fridge for an apple juice because my nerves are in overdrive.

"your mum..." she was cut off by sounds of laughter coming from my Dad's office and little footsteps running towards me.

"Aunt Shiloh" Edward yells running towards me before draping his little hand around my legs.

A handsome little boy, he is a replication of his dad, except for the color of his hair which he got from Sylvia.

I pull him up placing him on my hip kissing his chubby cheeks making him laugh "so how is my favorite nephew doing" I say grinning widely pushing down my nervousness away for now. 

"fine, I made a boat today in class using two sheets of paper," he says proudly.

I took my apple juice from the counter before using the other to place him properly on my hip then made my way towards the living room laughing as Edward tells me about his day, I place him on the couch before taking a seat close to him drinking from the glass of apple juice.

"where is your Mum(Sylvia)?" I ask helping him arrange his building toy.

"she is with Grandma, Grandpa, and Dad," He says.

"Oh, Shiloh you are back," Mum says walking towards us dressed in a summer black gown reaching below her knees and brown hair curled and left open looking beautiful as always.

"hey mum" I greet with a smile from my place on the couch, Sylvia, Garrett and Dad walk down the stairs walking towards the living room "hey big girl," Sylvia says welcoming me into an embrace.

"I was thinking you were never coming to visit" I joke as we both laugh.

"of course not I can never let you have a minute of rest" she winks.

I laugh "brother-in-law what a wonderful surprise, " I say grinning while Dad scoops Edward from the floor hugging him to his chest

Dad sends a smile towards my direction before speaking," what have you been up to Shiloh? " Dad asks taking a sit on the couch placing Edward on his lap.