Chapter 29

One month:

"so you have a fixation on this James Clay" I tease Summer stopping by the bus stop.

"No, I like his caring nature and the fact he is also one of the best basketball players in school," she says standing in front of me playfully glaring at me.

"It still sounds like you a fascinated by him" I shrug nonchalantly.

She narrowed her eyes at me " I am choosing to ignore those words " she says before smiling lightly" It's time I say see you later since the bus is coming towards this direction" I pull her into my embrace before letting her go.

"Okay see you soon and please don't mope around staring at the blank TV while you keep thinking about today's event," she says giving me a nor nonsense look.

Yeah, you heard her right, These past few weeks have been great with me keeping myself busy by working a morning shift at the restaurant and an afternoon and evening shift at a pizzeria which is possible because Chole looks after Wilmer when I am off working.

Then today was my off day which had to be the same day as the event I keep avoiding thinking about.

Summer came over this morning to find me still dressed in pajamas while seating on the couch staring at the blank TV placed on the wall with my emotion all over the place.

I bit inside my cheek stopping my mind from thinking about it too much with my eyes locked with Sam who silently waits for my answer" Okay I promise to stop thinking too much about it " I sigh audibly feeling like I am been castigated by Emma.

"That more like it just see today as a day your love gets set free like the birds flying freely and loving someone deserving," she says taking deep breaths with her hands reaching above her head in a flying gesture.

"always dramatic " I sigh once again as the bus comes to a stop in front of us" see you soon" I wave goodbye as she gets into the bus doing the same.

I wake the short distance home as Summer takes the bus towards the restaurant walking into the house welcoming the quietude since both Chole and Wilmer are in Chloe's room sleeping.

I took a seat on the couch doing exactly what Summer advised me not to do.

My eyes flick between the TV remote and TV scared to turn the TV on knowing every TV channel would surely be showing the big ongoing event today.

I shake my head shaking any thought of him from my mind before walking into the kitchen to dish myself something to eat.

Pulling the fridge open the doorbell rings signaling I have a visitor, closing the fridge I walk towards the door pulling it open.

I gape befuddled by my unexpected visitor " What going on?" I ask stepping out closing the door behind me" Why can't you just let me be, do you love pushing it in my face how Chance idolizes you so much that you had to come here before driving towards your wedding," I say pushing my hair backward feeling agitated by her presence here.