Chapter 2: Friendoz 2.0

Ash Ketchup and Zapdos stood in a clearing in the woods in an island in a lake. It was the place where he had captured Moltres, Articuno, and Lugia; probably his greatest catch ever. With the power of that many legendaries in his hands, defeating Cobalion and Terrakion had been easy. But their greatest challenge still lay ahead.

"How are we going to capture Mew?" Ash asked.

Zapdos answered, "His only weaknesses is Mewtwo. Otherwise he is impossible to defeat. He has too much power. Even with all the other legendaries battling him at full force, he would still win."

"Is there any other way?" The Guy asked. He needed to complete his quest. He had gotten so far...

"There might be a way," Zapdos offered. "I don't know if it will help, but I think those maps that I collected in the Instinct Base could help us."

Ash sighed and looked up to the brightening sky. "Let's get moving, then."

---

Shelly glanced around the corner. She whispered, "No Protegos in the technology room! Let's go."

"Hah. If a dog was a computer literate, would his bark be worse than his byte?" Bell punned.

***

The seven friends snuck into the room. Computers and filing cabinets lined the walls. Placed in shelves were buckets filled with materials, like cords and chips. Cone shaped lights hung from the ceiling, and a large glass wall showed the fishes and aquatic plants of the lake.

Shelly walked over to the buckets of materials, and said, "Well, I know that we'll need some body parts... spray paint... oh and also chips..."

"Chips?" Quinci perked up. "What flavor?" Quinci ran over to where Shelly was, and grabbed some of the chips.

"Computer chips," Shelly explained.

"Eh..." Quinci tossed them back to her. "Boring..."

So the friends started working on the robots.

"I'm so glad everyone paid attention to the science lesson," Shelly sighed, when they were on the last robot, Pichu 2.0.

"Which lesson?" Rudia asked.

"Rudia! You're putting the leg on backwards!" Ravisu said.

"Oh..." Rudia realized, turning it around.

Finally, they were done.

"Hurry guys!" Bell exclaimed. "We only have 5.38573 minutes to get these robots to school and get out of here!"

"That's my line!" Raichu whined as he realized everyone was staring at him. "Oh!" Raichu realized, and charged the last robot.

"Hello," Pichu 2.0 greeted. "I am Pichu Human."

"This is creepy," Ravisu said, shook her head.

Shelly added, "The more realistic it gets, the creepier." She was working on her robot, and signed her name and date on Shelly 7.0's feet. She liked to keep track of things.

"Why 7.0?" Ravisu asked.

" 'Cause 2.0, 3.0, and 6.0 are turtle stuffed animals." Shell said, "4.0 and 5.0 are tortoises I saw at that park where we taught Quinci how to firebend."

"That was a complete fail," Quinci commented.

Bell shrugged, "Well we didn't light the grass on fire!"

"Well, Shell was the one who challenged me!" Quinci huffed.

"Guys! Let's stop this," Pichu spoke up, "Can we just go now?"

"Ok then! Go to school, everyone!" Bell commanded.

"Of course, Bell," the robots said in a monotone voice, and they walked right out of the Protego Base.

"Come on peepz!" Quinci exclaimed. "Let's go to the Instinct Base now!"

---

Ash Ketchup sat at the side of the lake. He had made up his plan and was now just... thinking. The sun peeked over the edge of the lake, casting an orange glow throughout the forest. The sky became a brighter blue and birds started singing their morning song. Ash closed his eyes. He wished he was like the birds, with simple lives. But that would never be, not after what happened to his pikachu.

A little less than a year ago, he remembered himself and his pikachu drifting down a river. It had been many years since Ash and his pikachu had seen their hometown again. They were returning to compete in the Indigo League again, hoping this time they would get first. They had already collected all eight badges with a month to spare. But that all changed when the fearow attacked.

Fearow attacked from every direction, all at once. Ash didn't even have time to pull out his other pokeballs. Pikachu tried his best to battle the fearow, but there was just too many of them. Pikachu and Ash were thrown out of the boat and into the raging river, and Ash never saw pikachu again.

A tear trickled down Ash's cheek as the painful memory came up again. But there was hope. There was a way to get his pikachu back. And Ash had to be willing to do whatever it takes to get his precious pokemon back.

So that was what he was going to do.

Whatever it takes. 

***

Candela, Blanche, and Cor entered the Protego Base.

"Pichu?" Cor called. "PICHU!!!"

No one answered.

"Shelly?" Blanche said. Nothing.

"QUINCI LACIASAL COME HERE RIGHT NOW!!!" Candela ordered. Nothing.

When the adults entered the first room, they found a note:

Hi Parents!

You guys are so slow. Slower than a slowpoke. So we went to school without you, coz otherwise we'll be late. And we don't want to be late on the last day of school. And certainly not absent.

Sincerely,

Quinci, Shelly, Raichu, Pichu, Bell, Ravisu, and Rudia

P.S. Try to get here faster next time.

P.P.S. Try to stop World War III

Cor commented, "But that's not how it works..."