Chapter 4: SS Da Huang Ya

"I can't believe we're riding in a giant rubber duck to China," Quinci laughed. On the beach lay an inflated giant rubber duck. It was the size an apartment, and was a shiny yellow in the sunlight. Some people looked curiously at them, but hurried away when Raichu zapped them.

"IKR," Ravisu agreed. "But this is some high quality rubber."

"I know," Bell bragged. "I got it for a super cheap price but really high quality!"

"How much?" Pichu asked.

"$0.00," Bell replied.

"YOU STOLE IT???" Raichu screamed, zapping everyone.

"I like to call it, high-risk trading," Bell responded with an evil grin. Shelly facepalmed.

The friends boarded the SS Da Huang Ya through a hatch in the top. Ravisu stepped into the inside of the ship. On one side were bunk beds for sleeping in, and on the other a dinner table complete with a circling couch.

"Welcome!" Bell cried, spreading her arms out, "To the SS Da Huang Ya! As you can see, there are two floors. The bottom floor is the control room, but the top floor is for relaxing and stuff." She pointed at the opening in the ceiling, "And we can also go on top of the ship!"

Ravisu poked her head out of the hatch. The wind streamed through her hair as she looked ahead, toward the vast, blue ocean.

The duck started to move, pushing against the waves. Ravisu looked behind her. Land was slowly growing farther and farther away.

"Come on, Ravisu!" Shelly shouted. "The duck's goin' under!"

"Coming!" Ravisu shouted back before taking one last look at her homeland. She popped open a plastic hatch, and climbed the ladder inside the giant duck.

She entered a huge room. The wall and floor rippled as the duck started to descend. The room was empty except for a control panel in the front, an air vent (which was the duck's head), and wing-shaped windows along the sides of the wall. Ravisu watched as silhouettes of fish swam past.

"Are you SURE you know how to work this?" Shell asked Bell at the control panel.

"Yeah sure!" Bell replied cheerfully. "You just push a bunch of buttons and pull a bunch of levers!"

Ravisu glanced around worriedly. They were SO gonna die.

"Guys what if some guy looks at me and rips me off coz I'm not Asian?" Raichu asked. "Or what if he screams and I get human trafficked?"

"HAAH! HUMAN trafficked!" Bell laughed.

"Simple," Pichu rolled her eyes, "electrocute them..."

"I don't want to harm innocent beings!" Raichu cried. "Hmm, I must practice my Chinese. Ni hao ma?"

"That sounded like 'you good horse,'" Shell commented, shaking her head, "If people hear you say that, they'll think you're being racist... or just stupid in general."

"Ni hao ma?" Raichu repeated. Shelly sighed in exasperation.