Chapter 6: What's Worse than Raichu's Pop Tarts?

Halfway through the first day, Pichu's stomach started grumbling. "Quiet, stomach," Pichu shushed. But stomach didn't listen. It kept on grumbling. But after an hour or so, it started to hurt. She glared at her stomach with distaste. Luckily, it was Rudia who spoke up.

"I'm hungry!" Rudia complained. "Did anyone bring any chips?"

"Computer chips?" Shelly offered.

"Eww..." Quinci stuck her tongue out. "That's worse than Raichu's pop tarts!"

"HEY!" Raichu huffed.

"It's okay, guys," Bell interrupted. "I planned it all out. We'll reach Hawaii in about 32.294749374 minutes. We'll stay there until dinner, eat a BIG dinner, then sleep on the SS Da Huang Ya. Don't forget to bring snacks, because after that it's a straight shot to the Philippines, where we will eat lunch, then China, where we will eat dinner."

"Wow," Pichu nodded, impressed.

"Did you use Google Maps?" Raichu asked. "Because you know we could be tracked that way..."

"Nope," Bell shook her head. She laid out the world map. "I used this."

"Wait," Quinci said. "We're going to Hawaii?"

"Yes..."

"O'ahu Island?"

"Sure..."

Quinci's face lit up with excitement, "WHO WANTS TO GO TO THE BEST WATER PARK IN HAWAII?"

"ME!!!" Rudia and Ravisu cried.

"My favorite rides are the Banana, the Lava Tubes, the Toilet Bowl..."

After five minutes, everyone got bored. Again.

"Can we watch Avatar again?" Ravisu asked in boredom.

"Sure!" Shelly said, bounding over. "This is one of the best episodes: 'The Blue Spirit.' Super cool!"

After 20 minutes, Quinci screamed.

"AHHHHHHH!!!" she screamed.

"What is it?" Pichu asked, whirling around.

"ZUKO'S THE BLUE SPIRIT!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!" she screamed again.

"Whoever's reading this book," Bell said, "Sorry for the spoilers."

And I broke the fourth wall. Sorry. Lemme fix it.

Pichu rolled her eyes. This was gonna be a LOOOONG trip.

---

Mr. Hashbrown, the math teacher, sat down in his chair as his students scuffled out to their next class. It was the last period of the day and everyone (including Mr Hashbrown) was jumping out of their seats to get out of school.

The bell chimed three times as his last class sat down in their seats. He sighed. Almost done, he thought.

"Today we are going to review some basic math," Mr. Hashbrown started, repeating the exact same thing that he said to his previous classes. "Can anyone tell me what 2+2 is?"

Nobody raised their hand. Most people had their head in their arms or drifting off to sleep. Other people were too busy picking their noses.

"Quinci?" Mr. Hashbrown asked.

Quinci 2.0 answered, standing up, "The answer is... the answer." She sat back down.

"Ok..." Mr. Hashbrown said weirdly. "Shelly?"

Shelly 7.0 stood up, "The answer is... ERROR... ERROR... COMMENCE ESCAPE ATTEMPT." Shelly 7.0 charged toward the door, but slammed into it because it was closed.

"Ok..." Mr. Hashbrown said weirdly. "Raichu?"

"The answer is," Raichu 2.0 said, standing up. "UM UM UM UM UM UM..."

1 hour later...

"I KNOW IT'S-" BOOM!

The doors banged open as a bunch of crazy eighth graders changed out. The bell chime was drowned out by kids screaming. Soon everyone else in the math class was charging out, ready to get as far away from school as possible. Mr. Hashbrown sighed and gathered up his belongings. This is one thing I'm never gonna miss about this school... he thought.

Version two of what happened in Book 1.

***

Raichu was bored. The SS Da Huang Ya was on autopilot. Rudia and Pichu was sleeping in the bunk beds. Bell, Ravisu, Shelly, and Quinci were watching Avatar on the table couch.

Raichu walked over to Rudia and Pichu. "Wanna play a game?" he asked them. Pichu groaned and turned over. Rudia snored louder. An obvious no.

Raichu walked over to the Avatar fans. "Wanna play a game?" he asked.

"Later," Shelly answered, not even looking at him. Raichu sighed and looked at the screen.

"You're not the Avatar," a random girl with serious makeup issues said. "The Avatar disappeared over 100 years ago!"

"Aang," a girl with awkward hair-loopies muttered. "Time to do some airbending..."

A bald kid with a weird tattoo (Aang, I think, Raichu thought) did an airbending slice. Everyone gasped.

"Now check this out," Aang said, taking out a marble and spinning it around via airbending. Everyone cheered.

Pfft, Raichu thought. Even I can do that! And I'm not even a master airbender! He took out a pebble he took from the beach and positioned his hands the way Aang did. Raichu focused on his airbending powers- not his zappy powers- and slowly the pebble started circling in his palm. Raichu focused further and it gained speed. It was now hovering 1.384493702 millimeters off his hand. Raichu focused even harder and it spun around as fast as Aang's.

He grabbed the marble again and called to Bell, Shelly, Quinci, and Ravisu, "Hey peepz!" They paused the video and turned around. "Check this out!" Raichu did the spinny-marble-thing.

"AIRBENDING!" Quinci gasped, covering her mouth with her hand. Bell screamed.

"I wish we still had our powers!" Shelly commented. "Then we could do that too!"

"So does that mean you'll play with me?" Raichu asked hopefully.

"No," Ravisu said, turning back around and pressed play.