Eight: Forever

"KOOKIE!" The taller boy yelled to Jungkook who was chasing a ball across the street. He immediately ran to him as he saved him from a speeding car and they ended up beside the road.

Jungkook, who was 6 years old at that time, was unaware of his mistake and what he shouldn't have done. But seeing Jimin tearing up and panicking beside him,  checking for any wounds or injuries to him made him worry, but not for himself, but for his hyung.

"Did Kookie do something wrong, diminie hyung?" Jungkook lips wobbled as he was about to cry.

"No, Kookie, you did not. Don't cry." Jimin, who kept spoiling Jungkook, carried him in his arms.

"Then why are you crying?" Jungkook asked, his vision coming to a blur as tears started to well.

"I'm not crying." Jimin wiped the forming tears in his eyes with his fingers. "I was just worried, okay?. Don't do anything like that ever again."

Jungkook felt relieved and nodded as he embraced the taller boy.

"Don't ever leave my side again, got it?" Jimin instructed the boy.

"Got it, hyung." Jungkook giggled, and hearing this made Jimin's heartbeat return to its normal pace as he was now holding the boy, unharmed.

Jungkook melted into the hug that they were unware that they were still on the side of the road, wrapped in each others arms. Bystanders who were looking would immediately mistake them as brothers, but they were not related by blood or anything. They are not brothers because there's so much more to it than that. They are not related by blood, but by heart.

Jungkook, despite being six years old, knew he had concrete feelings for the eight year old boy who had his arms around him. It was not an adoration for being a good hyung and as a role model, it was undeniably love. But he kept this a secret. So when Jimin told him that they need to be apart, he felt more than heartbroken.

"NO HYUNG!" Jungkook stomped angrily as Jimin broke the news to him.

"I have no choice, Jungkookie." Jimin was crying as he knelt on tha pavement, he held the urge to cry earlier but he could not hold his emotions anymore.

"No hyung, I need you with me, don't go please!" Jungkook yelled, tears threatening to fall as he made his way in front of Jimin.

"I'm sorry but I have to do this." Jimin cried, extending his arms out to Jungkook to hug him but the younger slapped his arms away making Jimin hurt more.

"No! You said before that I should never leave your side, right?. If you don't want to stay, then let me come with you." Jungkook begged, but still he was mad at his hyung.

Who would not be heartbroken if your long time crush and soulmate would tell you that he would move to a different city and that you would be far away from each other?.

Who would want to agree to let your love go and adjust to the times when you should be playing with each other and cuddling but then he would be far out of reach?

"I would do anything just to not be away with you but--"

"But what, hyung? Aunt and uncle would be alright if I go with you." Jungkook tried.

"I know but your parents would never let you come with me." Jimin reminded the boy.

Jimin also knew that this was more than mere infatuation and care for the younger, this was love and they had mutual feelings but no one dared to confess. However, Jungkook's parents sensed this about Jimin and so one day, they confronted the boy.

They asked him about his feelings for the boy, it did not occur to them that they were still young children, unaware that this relationship was not normal, but Mr. and Mrs. Jeon were still persistent. Jimin, without a doubt, blurted the truth. And ever since that day, Jungkook's parents would always try to let Jimin away from Jungkook but they were too busy with their company that they couldn't even keep an eye on their own child.

"I don't care, hyung. Just don't let me be away from you." Jungkook knelt beside the boy but still kept distance from him.

"I'm r-really sorry, J-Jungkook, I'm so so so sorry." Jimin's voice cracked as he hugged himself since Jungkook pushed his arm away earlier. Jungkook, seeing Jimin being so broken, acted on impulse and hugged the boy close.

"We can't do anything about it, can we?" Jungkook whispered to Jimin's ear while the older had calmed down in crying.

"I'm s-sorry."

"No, shhh hyung. It's okay, I understand now." Jungkook sounded so mature and Jimin was glad. "When are you gonna leave?" Jungkook asked the question that he never expected and wanted to utter that tore his heart.

"In t-two days." Jungkook heart clenched hearing that his time with his love was only limited to two days.

"Then let's spend those days like normal and let's not think about this anymore, okay?" Jungkook seemed older than Jimin, but you couldn't blame the boy as he was too hurt, and Jungkook was also suffering but he decided that it will be no better if he would make it worse.

Two days after, it was time for Jimin's departure. Jimin, for one last time, visited Jungkook to give a special present.

"Kookie?" He knocked on the door and, thankfully, his parents were not around so he was free. Jungkook opened the door and hugged the older.

"Are you here to say goodbye?" His heart tore to pieces asking that.

"Yes, that and to give you this." Jimin pulled away from the hug and held out a box.

Showing Jungkook the locket, he was amazed but confused.

"This is for you." Jimin tied the necklace around Jungkook's neck. It was long and almost reached his waist and he giggled at that, but he planned this so that when Jungkook would grow up, the necklace wouldn't be too small.

"This is a special necklace that will only be opened by....this." Jimin showed him the key. "So you keep that safe and I'll keep this safe, too."

Jungkook understood and teared up, this was really the time where his hyung would leave him.

Jimin planned this to be longer but unfortunately for him, Jungkook's parents arrived along with his own driver.

"Do not lose this okay, in time we'll find each other again, we'll have and hold each other again. But for now, we need to separate. Just know that this is not forever and I will find you, Jeon Jungkook. Just promise me you'll never forget me, and I will always be right here." He bid his final goodbye.

"NO! HYUNG!" Jungkook held out his hands in hopes of meeting his hyung's palms and be together forever, but the warmth of another never came and Jungkook was left hanging.

Jungkook remembered all of this as he was sitting in his bed, staring at the locket. It was simple, and scribbled inside it were two names in fancy font.

PARK JIMIN
&
JEON JUNGKOOK

FOREVER, WE WILL.

~~~~~~~