Fourteen: Coming Out

It was the next day, both in their own homes. Jungkook didn't felt nervous at all, he waited for this moment to come. For Jimin to be officially his and he won't let anything block his way from doing so. However, he was still nervous for Jimin. If the Parks would not agree to their relationship and for Jimin being homosexual, Jimin would be hurt from being thrown away again. But he was there and he would protect and claim Jimin at all costs.

Jimin was in his bedroom listening to the voices of his parents talking downstairs. When Jimin approached them when he made his decision of changing his sexuality, it was difficult. Difficult to pretend and difficult to fake everything.

Flashback++

Jimin was on his way to their old house, noticing the familiar building where so much memories were made. He was on the doorstep and he heard his parents inside probably talking to their business partners on the phone.

As he entered, his mom was the first to notice him, ending the call immediately and staring at Jimin as if he killed someone. His dad, who was also on the phone, cut the call and slammed the phone at the table.

"WHO ALLOWED YOU TO GO IN HERE?" His dad screamed at him.

"WE DON'T NEED YOU HERE, WE TOLD YOU YOU WOULD NEVER COME BACK UNLESS-"

"UNLESS I DECIDE TO BE STRAIGHT." Jimin interrupted his parents who were left shook by him yelling. "I get it, that's why I'm here." His mom raised her brow at that statement.

"Oh really? Are you agreeing with us now? Did you finally realize?" His dad asked.

"Y-Yes." Although he knew he wasn't ready, but he has no choice. Everyone he loved threw him away and this was the only option he had left.

"Wonderful. Finally, my son." His mom said while both approached him and hugged him.

"We have lots of plans for you, son. Just sit and wait." His dad smiled. Jimin was feeling a bit hurt and happy at the same time, he get to hear his parents call him his son for quite a long time now and they accepted him too. But he felt hurt knowing that he betrayed himself.

End of Flashback++

"It really is now or never." Jimin whispered to himself looking at the locket. Yesterday, Jungkook handed it to him because Jungkook wanted to give him energy and looking at the locket just makes them feel nostalgic as they reminisce of the past that held so many memories.

Jimin felt his phone vibrate as he snatched it out of his pocket and saw Jungkook was calling him.

"Hey Jiminie~"

"Hey Kookie." Jimin replied sadly.

"Why are you sad?" Jungkook asked worriedly.

"I don't know it's just.....life changing." Jimin sighed.

"I know, but I'll be here every step of the way, okay?"

"Yeah. Where are you anyways?"

"Uhhh. I think I'm near your neighborhood."

"Oh. Okay, I'm done packing, by the way." Jimin smiled although he knew Jungkook couldn't see him, but he knew Jungkook would be smiling too.

"Mmmm. We still don't know the whole outcome of this Jiminie. Don't get too ahead of yourself."

"I just have this feeling, Kook and I want it to end."

"Calm down, baby." Jungkook accidentally slipped making Jimin blush by the nickname because usually it was him calling Jungkook those things.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I know we're not a thing yet. I just wasn't thinking when I said that. I'm sorry." Jungkook rambled through the phone while Jimin laughed.

"It's okay, Kookie. It's cute anyway and it's got a nice ring to it." Jimin smiled.

"Okay, I'm two houses away from you. Better get ready."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye"

Jimin prepared himself, he took a glance at the mirror then to his suitcases filled with all his things. As he stood up, he heard a knock at the door making his heart start beating rapidly. He took one last glance at the mirror as he went out the door.

He saw his mom opening the door for Jungkook and letting him in. He also observed how his mom eyed Jungkook from head to toe as she held a skeptic look.

"Sit down, Kook." Jimin smiled at him as they set eyes on each other.

"Mom. Uhh, can you get dad? I have something to tell you both." His mom had that look like she knew what was about to happen but nevertheless, she called her husband.

The married couple sat next to each other as they sat across the other duo. Jimin was fidgeting while Jungkook continuously rubbed circles on Jimin's back to calm him down.

"So what was it that you wanted to tell us, son?" His dad also shared the same skeptic look that his mom had, and his tone wasn't friendly at all.

"Uhhhmm. I-. Uhhh" This continued for about 3 minutes of Jimin not uttering a single comprehensive thing and not making eye contact to anyone in the room and his parents were getting annoyed of it.

"Well, if you have nothing to say son. Then we have." His dad interrupted. "I have found someone for you, his dad is one of the biggest contributors to our company and if you marry her daughter, we will get bigger shares. Isn't that lovely?" His dad continued.

"Yeah, her name is Kang Hyewon and she would be perfect for you, wouldn't she honey?" His mom added, and something about this triggered something in Jimin.

"I recede." Jimin shouted.

"What?" His mom raised her eyebrows.

"I don't want this, mom. I can't do this." Jimin finally let his heart out, for the second time around. And his parents stood there with an unreadabl expression. Jungkook just remained silent all the way.

"I am still gay and I cannot change that. I've realized that I couldn't force myself no matter what I do, and I'm proud of what I am and you guys should be happy for me too and respect my decision." Jimin fully confessed, removing all the pressure earlier from his chest. Jimin's parents just stared at each other, not knowing what to say.

"And with all due respect, Mr. and Mrs. Park." Jungkook butted in. "No matter what your decision is, I am here for a reason. And that is to take Jimin if you decide to kick him out again for being himself. I can protect him and care for him, something that you failed to do as a parent." Jungkook was almost on the line of losing it but luckily, Jimin was there to calm him.

Still, Jimin's parents were stuck there with an unreadble expression until Jimin's mom spoke up. "Ummm, excuse us one sec." Mrs. Park harshly pull his husband into the kitchen along with her.

"How did that felt?" Jungkook asked Jimin once his parents were out of sight.

"That felt good. Thank you." Jimin faced Jungkook with a grateful smile and they didn't know they were sitting too close until their nose almost touched when they faced each other.

Jungkook breathed out, the air tickling Jimin as the talled leaned in while Jimin was about to close his eyes. However, they were interrupted by Jimin's dad returning to the living room with a smile. This made Jimin get nervous again and question why his dad would be smiling.

His mom came out later in the kitchen, she was on the phone and they slightly heard the last words. "Yeah, make this certain." "Okay, as early as possible." "Okay, bye"

Then, his mom returned to the previous seat beside his dad and she smiled too. Both boys were nervous at the moment and Jimin's mom began with a sigh.

"We're accepting you."

~~~~~~~~~~

Next is the Finale. I know I said I will finish it on or before Christmas but I have to give it some time and the finale is not fixed yet.