Ten: Still You

That day was the worst for Jimin, after crying his heart out in front of his bullies, he finally reached the point he dared not to dwell before.

"Time for a change." Jimin whispered to himself as he stared at his emotionless reflection.

Two days of breaking down and pouring all his emotions to himself was enough and he was prepared to face the truth now. Jungkook never loved him and he believes he would never be loved at all.

He faced the mirror one last time as he fixed himself for school. This time, he would not let anyone trample him.

Jungkook was sitting quietly at the bench beside the school gate when he heard the whispers. He regretted lifting his head as he set eyes on the person he feared the most.

Feared because of what he has done. Feared because of what he may do.
Feared because of what he can't do.

But this time, the boy was more ethereal, with his blonde locks falling down in his face on the most perfect places. They locked eye contact and Jungkook felt sparks. As for Jimin he felt electrocuted, dying over and over again as he remembered the unsympathetical look Jungkook gave him when he confessed.

But the worst has passed but the storm was still here, the storm was Jimin. And Jungkook was oblivious to the disaster that he would face.

Jungkook had lost courage all morning but he was persistent to gather it back as he was now making his way towards Jimin's table. The boy was alone and all eyes were on him because of the news.

"Jimin." Jungkook spoke after about ten minutes standing in front of Jimin which the small boy never bothered to entertain, until now.

The smaller lifted his head up slowly, his face displaying no single emotion and this scared Jungkook.

"Talk to me." Jungkook pleaded with a soft tone as he stared deeply into Jimin's eyes, his blonde hair slightly covering his left side.

After about two minutes of what seemed to be a staring competition, Jimin scoffed. "What is there to talk about?"

"Please." Jungkook begged again and Jimin lost temper as he laughed bitterly and stood up, almost only an inch away from Jungkook's face as the latter gulped down the lump that formed in his throat.

"I am done with your shit and I am not in the mood for apologies." Jimin gritted his teeth and he returned to sit down as Jungkook breathed out heavily which he didn't know he was holding.

"I don't care if you would listen or not." Jungkook started, feeling hot and nervous. "But I would still apologize for what I have done." Jungkook's voice grew louder, aiming to earn the attention of all the people in the cafeteria which he was successful.

"I know what I did was wrong and I regret that, and I don't have any valid reason as to why I did that but it was really stupid. I only did that because I don't want you to expect from me since I have my heart reserved for someone else from my childhood, but I was dumb to not have remembered that you were it all along." Jungkook confessed, earning Jimin's attention but Jungkook decided to not show about the locket yet. "And I started to fall for you that I was scared, scared to break a promise with the most important person in my life but I did worse. I was too scared to break that promise that I didn't notice, I broke him instead. And I'm so so so sorry. And I know you wouldn't accept this but I just want to let you know that I regret doing those to you."

Jimin was shocked but his face showed otherwise. He felt his heart grow with love again but he couldn't. His brain and heart were having a cold battle that he didn't seem to malfunction well. He stood up as he kept his mouth sealed and expression plain and he walked out of the cafeteria, leaving a broken Jungkook.

Still, Jungkook was not giving up. He needs Jimin now despite the fact that he was his childhood lover, he also realized the boy's worth now.

It was the last subject for the day and Yoongi and Taehyung were fidgeting and was eager to leave and Jungkook noticed this. Jimin had left midway of the subject, passing the individual project on the way out as Ms. Yoo dismissed him.

The bell rang and Yoongi and Taehyung sprang up their seats too fast making Jungkook suspicious. He passed his individual project behind Yoongi's and Taehyung's as he followed behind the two. What confused him was that it led him to a big fancy house, sneaking past the bodyguard when he was checking Yoongi and Taehyung, only furrowing his eyebrows once the guard let them in.

He was now more curious as he made his way to a wide window on the side of the house, he saw Yoongi and Taehyung enter the room and he was shocked to see Jimin in. As what he knows, Jimin was poor. But that was not the point when he felt his blood boil when Yoongi and Taehyung hugged him.

Lucky for him, the window was open so he could hear the conversation they were having, shocking him when he heard the first words of Jimin after pulling away from Yoongi's arms. "I want to move on from Jungkook hyung but my heart doesn't want me to."

"It's okay, Jimin. You will forget him soon." Jungkook was mad at Yoongi's response because he wanted Yoongi to support him and gain Jimin back.

"But I can't, I still want him."

"So if you want him, why not have him?" Yoongi asked.

"I can't. M-my p-parents." Jimin sobbed.

"Your parents?"

"You do know that I was poor and I know you're confused but you didn't ask because you were concerned but this is my real life."

Yoongi was still confused as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"My parents disowned me before when I came out to them that I was gay." Jimin's words made Yoongi pity the boy.

"And the reason that I'm back here is because I agreed to be straight after Jungkook rejected me in the most embarrassing way possible." Jungkook felt guilty as he lowered his head but kept on eavesdropping.

"I can't have Jungkook because my parents would kick me out again, or maybe worse." That broke Jungkook, but at least now he knew what he must do and he would still get Jimin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~