Chapter Fifty-Seven: Reunited

•fifty-seven•

wow a chapter in Baxly's POV!!! Are you all excited?

Baxly

"Welcome to Woodbury," the woman says, holding her hand out for me to shake.

"Thanks," I say to her, keeping my gun clutched tightly in my hands. "But I'm not here for an introduction."

"Fair enough," she shrugs, leading me to what was supposed to be their leader's office. "Phillip is so excited for you to be here. His idea for a future is to start with a community, and you can help us build it."

When she opens the door, I'm greeted by a man looking to be in his late thirties sitting across from another man that looks to be in his earlier thirties. They're both staring intently at the TV screen in front of them, watching the news coverage from when the outbreak first happened a month ago.

"I hate to interrupt, but I was told you wanted to see me," I cough, grabbing their attention. The older man immediately stands up, wiping his hands off on his pants

"How impolite of me," the older man jokes as he motions to a chair in front of him for me to sit down. "Have a seat with us. We were just trying to make sense of this mess."

"Yeah, I've seen the coverage before," I nod from my seat as I watch my sister being interviewed on what was once live TV. "That girl seems to know her shit."

"Oh believe me, she does," the younger man chuckles from beside me. I look over to him in curiosity. Does he know her? "Beatrix Zedler is a fantastic surgeon and human being. She has a good heart. It's sad that she was the first to discover what this stuff is."

"You know Doctor Zedler?" I quirk an eyebrow at the blonde sitting in the chair beside mine.

"Of course I do," he smiles at me. "I was madly in love with her before all of this happened. Of course, I still am in love with her, but I doubt I'll ever see her again."

I decide to drop the subject at that, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that I've seen this man before. Maybe if I heard his name I could figure out who he is. That isn't why I'm here, though. I'm here because I want to survive.

"You're an engineer, correct?" The older man asks me, and I nod in response. "Great. That's exactly what we need."

The following hour or so goes by quickly as we sort through the details of everything having to do with Woodbury. We decided that we need walls, and we need them soon, so my team and I will get to work on them tomorrow.

"It was a pleasure to speak with you," the older man, who I've come to know as Phillip says. He stands up and shakes my hand, "We will meet again tomorrow with your team. Tonight you draw up the designs."

"Can do," I say with a nod before turning to the younger man. "I didn't get your name."

"Doctor Lucas Cole," he smiles, holding his hand out for me to shake. That name sounds so damn familiar, but I still can't seem to place it. "And you are?"

It's as if something clicked in my head all of a sudden. I know who he is. I know where I've seen him from before. I know how he knows my sister. It all makes sense.

"Baxly," I smirk as I watch the look on his face change, his mouth dropping open. "Baxly Zedler. Nice to meet you."

"You're Baxly?" He questions, obviously shocked. "You're Trixy's brother."

"I am," I say as I cross my arms over my chest. "And I look forward to hearing all about my sister from you."

//////////