Chapter Sixty-One: The Big Spot

•sixty-one•

Beatrix

The next morning, I went to go check on Rick. I finally got him to tell me that their tussle was over Judith, the baby. We all already knew that anyway, but they had to admit it first. The council decided to have a meeting later that day to discuss what was going to happen to them.

Now, three months later, everything seems to be going great. Too great in my opinion, but still great. I have been training almost every day with Baxly and Daryl, and I've almost perfected the skills I started building when we first got to the prison.

"How's your tat, little sis?" Merle asks as he helps me load the back of the truck we're getting ready to take out.

"I think it's completely healed now," I reply, tossing my bag into the cab of the truck.

"Let me see," he finishes what he was doing and walks over to me. I pull the back of my shirt down to my shoulder blade so that he can look at the work Daryl did on me a couple of months ago.

"Does it look good?" I ask as he gently rubs his finger over the top part of the tattoo.

"I would have done better," he brags on himself and I roll my eyes, swatting his hands away. "But my baby brother isn't half bad, especially for some fuckin' flowers."

"I happen to like flowers, thanks," I joke with him before walking off to find Daryl.

"It's like a damn romance novel," he shakes his head as he works with something in the back of another truck we're taking.

I look to see what he's talking about, and of course, it's my brother and Beth. I sigh as they share a kiss before Beth struts off, saying something about goodbyes.

"It's so weird," I whisper to Daryl, helping him with his things. "I just can't believe they're together. It's like my big brother dating my little sister."

"He is your big brother," Daryl comments, and I swat his arm. "What? He is."

"Keep your voice down! I don't want them to know I'm talking about them!" I whisper-yell at him.

"They obviously know you're talking about them," he points to Baxly crossing his arms at me, basically giving me the death stare.

"Well it's their own fault," I shrug and toss my bag into the back of the truck. "They shouldn't have started dating."

"Let's go," Daryl changes the subject completely, and I let out a soft laugh. He thinks my disapproval of Beth and Baxly is dumb, and it might be, but it just feels weird to me.

"I just want to make sure you can play on a team before we take you out," Sasha says to Bob, a new member of our small community, as Daryl and I come up behind her.

"We ain't doing it unless it's easy," Daryl says without even stopping. I shake my head with a smile on my face as I follow behind him to his bike. Once we're on, Daryl drives us down to meet Rick and Michonne standing in front of the gate.

"I didn't find him," Michonne says to Daryl, a solemn tone in her voice, and I know who she's talking about. She has been on the hunt for The Governor ever since he fled and abandoned his people. Daryl had been looking, too, but after a month or so, he gave up. He told me he didn't think the risk was worth it anymore for somebody who's likely dead.

"I'm glad to see you're back in one piece," he says to her, and she frowns.

"I'm thinking of looking in Macon next," she tells the three of us. "If I find him, it'll be worth it."