Chapter Sixty: Tattoos

•sixty•

Beatrix

A week or so has passed since the Woodbury people moved into the prison with us. So far, it's going pretty well. They're all starting to pull their weight, so we're thriving. Rick stepped down as Ricktator, so now we're putting together a council of people to vote on our decisions.

Obviously, Daryl has a spot on the council, though he doesn't really want it. I told him he had to take it, because whether he thinks so or not, he's a big part of our small group. Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Merle, Baxly, Hershel, Otis, and Sebastian are on the council as well.

"Beatrix, honey, you're our doctor. Our people need you," Hershel tries to reason with me, earning nods from his fellow council members.

"Which is exactly why I don't need to be on the council," I sigh, leaning back in the chair. "I'm a doctor. The apocalypse is not my forte, medicine is."

"Your opinion is valuable here, Beatrix," Maggie places a hand on my shoulder. "You've been nothing but helpful to us since the day we each met you."

"I just wouldn't even know what to do in some of the situations we've been put in," I rub my temples in frustration.

"You've had some pretty decent strategies, little sister," Merle pipes up from his seat across the table. "Like saving my little brother."

"If I have to take a spot, so do you," Daryl teases from his seat beside of me. "Besides, you look good sitting next to me."

"You all don't think I'd mess up and make shitty decisions?" I ask the group sitting at the table around me.

"No!" They all exclaim at once, causing me to giggle.

"Okay, fine," I roll my eyes, finally agreeing. "But if I get overwhelmed, I'm leaving."

"You won't," Hershel promises before standing up to leave, followed by everybody else.

"I'm glad you finally decided to join us," Daryl smirks at me, offering his hand to help me out of my seat. I love this side of him.

"Such a gentleman," I tease, taking his hand. Instead of letting go, he laces our fingers together.

"Got somewhere I want to take you," he leans down to place a kiss on my temple before pulling me behind him.

"Where?" I question as I follow him out the doors of the prison. Lucas turns to look at us as we walk by, but I shrug it off and try not to pay attention to him.

"Surprise," he replies once we get to his bike. "Sit down."

I do as he says, taking a seat in my normal place, on the back. He pulls out a rag from his back pocket and folds it up, holding it in front of my face.

"You're going to blindfold me?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"I want it to be a surprise," he looks down at the rag in his hands.

"Okay," I nod, taking it from him and tying it around my eyes, blinding me. "I trust you."

I feel the weight on the bike shift, indicating Daryl had sat down. The sound of the engine roaring to life fills my ears, and I wrap my arms around Daryl. His body heat radiates onto me, and I smile as I press my face into his back, just like I did when we first met.

The ride seems short, Daryl coming to a stop probably fifteen minutes away from the prison. I hear him let out the kickstand before I feel him get off the bike. His hands wrap around mine, helping me off the bike to stand.