S a y o r i . . .

Shit! Monika was getting too close for my comfort... I know I'm depressed but I didn't want anybody to know and it wasn't gonna happen. Not today! Not any day! NO ONE WAS GOING TO KNOW!!

Monika's voice was now a solid jumble of words. I couldn't hear and I felt salty tears running down my cheeks, tears of guilt, and everything else that wasn't all happiness and sunshine and all that shit. NO. ONE. WOULD. KNOW. NO ONE.

That was the last thing I heard my shattered heart scream before running out of the club room. I felt echoes of Monika trying to get to me but it wasn't going to work. I guess dreaming about running away from my fears made me a bit faster, heh...

As fast as I knew it, Monika was off my nonexistent tail and I was back in my house despite the slow down of the sun outside. I locked EVERYTHING in my house. The doors, the windows, and the basement. Upstairs and downstairs, the windows and doors were all shut and closed to an extent that I was the one who was locked into this haunted house. It wasn't even haunted, I was haunting it. I went into my room, I don't wanna hear anything at this point. I didn't wanna see, touch, feel, smell, taste anything. I just wanted to drown into a deep sleep that would last forever. Monika was the horrid one. I wanted to kill her, it was too much for me to even think of her face. Why was she torturing me like this?

I suddenly heard my doorbell ring. I wasn't going to answer. It would be worse if it was Monika, who it would most likely be. Then... the unknown person pick-locking it? It was definitely her. I know she keeps extra Bobby pins in case we were going to Yuri's house and she forgot to keep her door locked, or I would accidentally lock the door and she was waiting for me. This wasn't an accident though. The door opened and Monika's voice echoed.

"Sayori? Cmon, just talk to me! We can work this out together! Please..." she kept saying those lies as she walked up the stairs to my room, suddenly picking at it also with her pin. I needed to hide from her! Somewhere that I knew that was safe from her. Somewhere only I knew.

I quietly but swiftly got out of bed and opened the closet. But I wasn't hiding in the closet alone. I found a little cubical that was enclosed by a loose vent encasement, for air ventilation. I opened the hatch and crawled inside, shutting it just as Monika came in. "Sayori... please... I'm begging you..." I wasn't coming out and she better have known.

I crawled through dusty vents and caught the end of it, leading outside. She wouldn't find me here. It was clear, and I then heard another, louder, crawl through it. How... HOW??

I burst open the end of the hatchet, about a 5 foot drop. I would obviously hurt myself and I was hesitatant if it was worth it. But... the next thing I knew I was falling down, and Monika was falling with me, encasing me like a butterfly chrysalis.

My head fell on a rock, and a think I fainted.

Words: 563