Allergies

Rantarou walked up to the entrance of the small home He and Shuuichi lived in. In his hands rested a small carrier.

Truth is, he kept it a secret from Shuuichi. He had no idea how Shuuichi would react if he just suddenly brought home a pet. Rantarou looked at the bag he carried as well. It contained a small container of allergy pills.

Well, Rantarou didn't have much to lose. It's not like Shuuichi hated animals. He was just allergic to them, especially cats. Yet Rantarou would still see him adoring them from a distance. As Rantarou kept thinking to himself, he heard rustling from inside the carrier and a small meow. "Sh, not yet." Rantarou said gently into the carrier before fishing out his key from his pocket and unlocking the door. Rantarou walked into the house slowly, trying to look around for Shuuichi.

"Hey, I'm home!" He called out. There was no response. Rantarou stood there nervously. Then, he heard subtle footsteps. Shuuichi walked down the stairs, rubbing his eyes. It looked like he just woke up from a nap. He walked up to Rantarou and gave a weak smile. "Welcome back." He replied. His eyes darted onto the container in Rantarou's hands. "What's that..?" He asked. "Guess." Rantarou said with a smile. Shuuichi peered into the many holes and tried to make out what was inside. All he saw was a chestnut colored ball of fluff. "Wait don't tell me—" "why don't you open it?" Rantarou interrupted, still keeping his smile.

Shuuichi took the container from his hands and went down on his knees to place it on the floor. He carefully opened it from the front and peeked inside. Inside was a small, chestnut colored cat staring back at him. Shuuichi's face looked like a mix of emotions. He opened his mouth then closed it, not knowing what to say at all. "I know you're allergic but I know how much you still wanted a cat. Don't worry about the allergy part, I have medicine you can take every day!" Rantarou said with a hopeful smile as he continued to watch the complete shock on Shuuichi's face.

Right when Shuuichi's silence was getting concerning, Shuuichi began to speak. "Why hello there. What's your name?" He asked. His voice suddenly sounded really soft and high pitched, like he was talking to a baby. Rantarou saw the cat carefully walk out of the container and shake its little body once it was free. "Ah right, his name is Peanut!" Rantarou said cheerfully. "Hi Peanut, come here." Shuuichi said in his soft baby voice once again as he held his hands out. The cat looked hesitant and Shuuichi started to make soft clicking sounds to lure it in. Rantarou could see the complete adoration in his eyes. It was precious.

"Such a good boy.." Shuuichi said softly as it crawled into his arms. "Shuuichi, you sure you're going to be alright? You should probably take the allergy medicine first." Rantarou said gently but Shuuichi wasn't listening. Shuuichi was instead cautiously running his hands on Peanut's long, fluffy, fur. He continued to ruffle and pet the cat's fur as it began to purr and nuzzle towards his body. Shuuichi accepted it, forgetting that he was allergic. "He's such a sweetheart.." Shuuichi said in his soft voice, it sounded completely out of character for him that it was sort of amusing in a way.

Shuuichi looked up at Rantarou, a loving smile on his face. "He's so affectionate.. it reminds me of you.." He said softly. Rantarou felt weak as his face grew red. "Do you like him?" Rantarou asked with a small laugh. "I love him..!" Shuuichi replied, his voice almost a squeal. Peanut raised his head and attempted to nuzzle Shuuichi's face. Without thinking, Shuuichi held him close and put his face in his fur. "So cute.. I wanna ah—" Shuuichi lowered Peanut. Then Shuuichi let out a loud sneeze.

Peanut scrambled away for his life while Shuuichi sat there, sniffling. Rantarou went next to him and put a hand on his back. "I told you to take your medicine first, that's why I got it." He said gently. Shuuichi leaned his head on Rantarou's shoulder. "But I really love him.." he said, his voice groggy as snot started to slightly droop from his nose. "I know." Rantarou replied. Shuuichi took another sniffle. "Oh god, I think his fur got all over my clothes.." Shuuichi murmured, his voice nasally. Rantarou laughed. "You should probably change them then. I'll wash them." He offered.

Shuuichi then randomly let out a groan. "Why am I allergic to cute thiiingss.." he complained. "So you're allergic to me?" Rantarou joked. Shuuichi elbowed him, letting out a small nasally laugh. Snot was now freely starting to run. "Okay seriously, you need to at least blow your nose." Rantarou said seriously and Shuuichi nodded.

"Okay.." Shuuichi mumbled. "Love you." Rantarou said with a smile. "Love you too.." Shuuichi replied, his voice muffled by the tissue he was holding up to his face.