Idol AU

The ending of the song played. The navy blue-haired idol sang his last note as the music faded away. Slowly, the idol politely bowed his head and exited from the recording studio where he met up with his producer.

"Another great performance today, Saihara!" Rantarou Amami, his producer, praised with a warm smile on his face. "It's nothing really..." Shuuichi said as he looked down to the ground. Rantarou just continued to smile at him. "Don't be so hard on yourself, you really did amazing today." Rantarou continued, making the idol's face illuminate a light pink. Slowly, Shuuichi lifted his head to look at his producer. "Is there anything else planned?" He asked. "Yes actually. You're going to be performing at a music festival down at Kyoto next week." Rantarou explained, Shuuichi's body immediately tensed. "I-I only have a week to practice?!" Shuuichi exclaimed. "I'm afraid so." Rantarou just replied with a shrug. Rantarou looked overt at Shuuichi and immediately felt guilty.

Shuuichi Saihara is a well-known idol with an ever-expanding career. He's made many singles, starred in commercials, and even sang an anime opening at one point. Rantarou could still hear his voice hitting the booming chorus when it played loudly from the tv speakers while one of his sisters had her eyes glued to the flashy animations. Shuuichi, overall, was truly an excellent idol with a pretty appearance and a wonderful voice. He would have no problem when it came to recording sessions and would sometimes even show some enthusiasm before or after the session.

However... It was the live performances that always crumbled down the poor idol...  The poor boy suffered from extreme stage fright and always had a hard time performing live.

"Hey, if it makes you feel better, you're going to be the last performance..." Rantarou gently said as he placed a hand on the idol's frail shoulder. Shuuichi looked at Rantarou's hand briefly before looking away and sighing. Rantarou could see the conflict overflowing on the other boy's face. Shuuichi and Rantarou were both aware that this is going to be a big event and that they can't afford to disappoint Shuuichi's many fans just because he was too afraid to hop on stage.

"It'll be okay, I promise... Just look at me for a moment." Rantarou continued, trying to comfort Shuuichi. Slowly and reluctantly, Shuuichi turned his face to Rantarou's. "You'll do great, I know you will. So don't worry too much, okay?" Rantarou said, smiling a little bit. Shuuichi slowly nodded, trying to process the words carefully. "Are you sure...?" Shuuichi asked and Rantarou nodded. "Absolutely." He said with a big smile.

Time flew and the dreaded day came into light. Rantarou has tried his best to prepare Shuuichi for the performance. He even offered to help Shuuichi practice for the performance. It didn't help that it was a lot of stress on Shuuichi's part since he's a lone idol rather than part of some idol group. He was offered to join groups before but Shuuichi politely declined. Perhaps, he shouldn't have. Rantarou really felt that would've been better for him. Oh well, he shouldn't be thinking too hard about it for it was clearly not the time for regrets.

Fixing his suit jacket and grabbing a cooler of water, he began to head to the small table area that Shuuichi sat. As he was walking, he overheard a group of performers talking to each other. The group just consisted of two sisters who performed as an idol duo. The taller sister was looking elsewhere. Rantarou noticed her eyes were at the area Shuuichi was supposedly sitting. "I heard Shuuichi Saihara is performing! I'm such a big fan! I hope I get to talk to him! I really should've said good luck or something!" She practically fangirled. The shorter sister pursed her lips. "I get you're a big fan but he's pretty shaky for a famous idol, don't you think?" She pointed out while putting a spoonful of pudding in her mouth.

Hearing that statement, Rantarou decided to make haste, Shuuichi was probably waiting for him. As Rantarou made way, he could hear the loud hip-hop music playing from the rap group that was currently performing.