13

Rashad and Chanel

"Where's my purse?" Chanel said for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"It's on the bed."Rashad said getting irritated that she kept asking this question.

They were on their way to the airport to go to Chicago. Once Chanel showed Rashad the message with her mother tied up he instantly got them some tickets and booked a hotel all in the same day.

"Where's my phone?" She said looking around.

"It's in ya hand."

"Oh."

"Baybeh com hea." He said grabbing her hand and started pulling her to him slowly. "Calm down aight we gon' make it before they do anything to her."

"I know, it's just now that I see shes alive I 'ont want nothing to happen to her again." She said looking down.

"I understand that's why we 'bout to leave, but we can't if you keep looking for more stuff." He said causing her to smile. "See there go ya beautiful smile. All jokes aside we really got to go the plane leaves in three hours and it takes a hour to get there. Then we have to go through all the extra shit just to go in the waiting room."

The two grabbed their suitcase, made sure they had everything, and were now out the house.

Rashad started to play "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson. This was one of Chanel's favorite songs, he played it to make her feel better.

"Hey pretty baby with the high heels on
You give me fever like I've never, ever known You're just a product of loveliness
I like the groove of your walk, your talk, your dress." He said tickling her with one hand making her laugh.

"I feel your fever from miles around
I'll pick you up in my car and we'll paint the town. Just kiss me baby and tell me twice. That you're the one for me." Chanel starting singing the next lines.

"The way you make me feel. You really turn me on. You knock me off of my feet. My lonely days are gone." They both said in union.

"My baby know how to sing." Rashad said looking at Chanel before focusing back on the road.

"I could hit a few notes here and there." She said smiling and playing with her nails.

"When we get back to our place you gotta show me."

"Our?" Chanel thought but didn't say anything.

By now the car was silent and Chanel was dozing off to sleep due to it being 7 in the morning. Rashad on the other hand was turning up to the music that was playing.

He seen Chanel moving around in her seat, he thought she was just having a wet dream.

"No stop, don't kill her."

Rashad rose his eyebrow up and knew she was dreaming about her mother.

"Baby wake up." He said shaking her with one head.

"NOOO!" She screamed waking up breathing hard making Rashad jump a little.

"What happened?"