Study Date

"Hey L/N!" You turned to Blaise Zabini. You didn't even know he knew your name. "You're in history of magic with us, right?"

"Yeah." You said glancing between him and Draco, who was reading a novel. You were just headed to your favorite spot underneath a large willow tree to do some transfiguration homework and enjoy the last of the year's warm weather. Blaise Zabini and Draco Malfoy were loitering on a stone wall.

"Draco and I were going to cram for that exam on Friday. Do you want to join us?" Said Blaise.

"Oh!" You were surprised, Blaise Zabini had never even glanced in your direction, but you were in no position to turn down a potential friendship. "Yeah, that would be good." You usually studied with Hermione Granger, who had grown to be one of your closest friends at Hogwarts, but if you were being honest, she wasn't much fun to study with and she was usually studying.

"Brilliant. We'll meet you at the library tonight at eight." Said Blaise, and Draco lifted his head from his book to give you a quick, half smile before the two of them strolled off.

You stood there and watched them leave. Both boys were tall and muscular and you admired their well tailored clothing and leather shoes. There was something about a man in well-fitted clothes that you found incredibly attractive. You couldn't help but wonder what had inspired Blaise to invite you to the library tonight. A little part of you thought that it might be some kind of trap. What if it was some elaborate plan to humiliate you? But Draco was your friend right? Everyone had told you that Draco and his friends could be mean, but would he do that to you?

"Do you see now? Do you see how easy that was?" Blaise said to Draco as they walked back towards the castle. Blaise had been scheming to get you and Draco together constantly since that night on the Quidditch field. Draco, however, was unwilling to play along with any of Blaise's plans so far. He had always considered Blaise a bit dramatic. All three of his first plans involved explosives, which as a prefect, Draco had to discourage.

Draco was embarrassed by Blaise's matchmaking and didn't say anything to him. He had no idea that he was going to do that, but he was right. It was that easy. Draco supposed he should just be grateful that nothing exploded, and that you had agreed to meet them at the library.

"Now, around 8:30 I'll just make up some excuse to leave" Blaise continued, "Don't worry, I'll be subtle about it."

Draco rolled his eyes. Subtlety was never one of Blaise's stronger attributes, but he held his tongue.

"I'll get you guys all set up on your little study date, but listen man." Blaise stopped and grabbed Draco's shoulder. "You're going to have to talk to her. I mean did you even look at her out there?"

"We talk every morning in potions class." Draco said defensively.

"Yeah like what? 'Could you please pass the newt tails?'"

Draco sighed "we talk, alright?"

"Don't get huffy with me mister. What class have you got now?"

"Transfiguration. You?"

"Charms. I'll see you at dinner." Blaise slapped Draco on the shoulder before walking off.

Draco felt embarrassed. He hated feeling embarrassed but what was worse was that Blaise was right. He had to talk to you more. He couldn't have his best friend doing all the talking for him. He did talk with you in potions. By his standards he was a total chatter box in potions class. He just didn't know how to flirt with you and he had grown to seriously value your company in potions. You were witty and sharp and proud, like he was, but you were also gracious and kind in ways that he wished he could be. He wanted your company outside of potions, but didn't know how to get it.

As Draco headed towards the transfiguration classroom, he mentally prepared something to say to you before the lecture began.

You usually sat with lavender brown in transfigurations. You two were chatting idly about uniform policies when Draco walked up to your desk. You looked up at him, admiring his striking features, and waited for him to say something.

"y/n, about the library tonight," he started and you felt suddenly worried that he might uninvite you. "I was wondering if you could help me with my divination homework as well? I heard that Venus is in retrograde right now and I've heard that you're very knowledgeable about star charts."

"Oh!" You said "Yeah, for sure, no worries!" You sputtered and cringed inwardly. You sounded like an idiot.

"Okay. Good. I'll see you tonight." Draco said and walked away to his usual seat.

Lavender slammed her quill down and turned to you. "What was all that about?" she whispered fiercely. You had never seen her so interested in anything.

"I don't know, I'm going to study with him tonight at the library I guess."

"What? He asked you to study with him? That is major. Draco Malfoy is so hot."

"Isn't he though? But I don't think it means anything." You said, you didn't want to get too excited about anything.

"No!" Said lavender, "he's totally hot and I can definitely see you two together, and he was all like 'Venus is in retrograde.' That definitely means something."

"Do you think? I mean Blaise Zabini is going to be there. It was actually Blaise who asked me to study with them tonight, not Draco."

"Blaise and Draco? That's weird." Lavender tapped the end of the quill against her chin. "That's definitely weird. But Venus is in retrograde so..." She grinned at you.

You laughed "I'll tell you about it tonight when I get back to the common room."

Lavender grabbed your hand "oh you have to! Send me a note when you get back!"