Fire Whiskey

You already had a couple shots of Fire Whiskey in you when you arrived at the Quidditch match on Saturday right around sunset. It was turning in to a cool, clear, evening and groups of Slytherins were milling around outside the Quidditch court before the game started. You took another swig of fire whiskey from the flask you had hidden in your tote bag and looked around. You had nobody to talk to, so you took another drink.

The Fire Whiskey made you feel warm inside and you didn't feel nervous anymore. Draco's sweatshirt made you feel safer there too. "I belong here" you thought to yourself, "I have Draco Malfoy's sweatshirt." You fingered the neckline of the green sweatshirt and inhaled a little bit. Draco smelled amazing.

"Where the HELL did you get that?!" Pansy half screeched at you. She stomped over from where she had been chatting with some other Slytherin girls.

"I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're referring to Pansy." You slurred crossing your arms over your chest.

"You know what I'm talking about you fucking bitch." Pansy was hysterical and shrieking "did you steal it? Because I know that Draco Malfoy did not give you his sweatshirt to wear to our Quidditch game"

Maybe it was the Fire Whiskey, but you started laughing at pansy's red face. First you started giggling and then you erupted into a fit of laughter. you tried to contain yourself but you just couldn't. "pansy," you said, barely containing yourself. "I think you need to look in a mirror and ask yourself 'Is this the person I want to be?' I mean really. Look at yourself."

Pansy took a step towards you "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"L/n! Glad you made it" Blaise Zabini appeared at your side. He put a protective arm around your shoulder. "And Pansy." Blaise gave a big fake smile, "I think you should go. We've all heard enough." Blaise pulled you away with him. "I saved you a seat, L/N. I was beginning to think you weren't going to show."

"Oh I wouldn't miss it." You laughed.

Blaise side eyed you, "Are you drunk?"

"Only a bit" you pinched your fingers together to show Blaise how drunk you were.

"Good thinking." he said. You pulled your flask out and passed it to him. He took a swig and grimaced "You didn't splurge on anything top shelf I see."
"A girl has to make do" you said taking another drink.

You and Blaise shared the rest of your fire whiskey and screamed and cheered for Slytherin. He drunkenly tried to explain to you how the game works but both of you kept getting confused and distracted. Instead, you taught Blaise some American fight songs and the two of you nearly lost your voices screaming when Draco caught the Snitch. The crowd stormed the field to celebrate Slytherin's first win of the season.

You ran to the field with the others to congratulate Draco and the rest of the team on their win. You were so drunk on Fire Whiskey that you didn't notice Pansy, who shoved you into a patch of mud on the field. You were disoriented and only realized what had happened as Pansy was already walking away. In all the commotion, it didn't seem like anyone else noticed but Draco, who had been keeping his eye on you for the entire game.

Draco pushed through the crowd and pulled you up from the mud.

"Oh my god Dracooooo!" you gushed. "I'm okay. I'm fine. I'm having SO much fun. You caught the switch! I'm soooo happy for you." You swayed and slipped a little bit in the muddy grass.

Draco grabbed your arms and steadied you. "The snitch. I caught the snitch." He said amused, "y/n, can I ask you a question?"

"Mhmmm" you said, wide eyed.

"Have you been drinking?" Draco smirked.

"Yes." you said "But I think maybe I've had a little bit too much."

"well, I can see that." He said. "Maybe I should walk you back to the castle."

"I'm fine really!"

"No, I'm going to walk you back to your common room. Let me just get changed in the locker rooms. Stay right here."

On his way back to the locker room, Draco was stopped by Pansy. "Oh Draco!" She crowed, "you were incredible. The Gryffindor's haven't got a shot this season." She was trailing behind him now. "I was thinking, we should go out to Hogsmeade to celebrate tonight. Like, without that filthy Gryffindor hanging around. I heard she's just here to try and get information for the Gryffindor team."

"Listen Pansy," Draco turned to face her. "You and I have known each other a long time, but if you don't let y/n be, we're going to start having problems. You and I both know she's never done a thing to you to deserve this treatment. You need to stop." Draco tried to be diplomatic and matter of fact but really, the way Pansy had been treating you made him furious, and Blaise was right. She might ruin everything for him if he didn't speak up. "And I won't be going to Hogsmeade." He added. "I'll be with y/n."

Draco changed quickly and made his way back to the quidditch field where most of the Slytherins were still celebrating their first victory. "Bloody hell." He muttered to himself when he saw that you and Blaise were with Madame Hooch, looking very guilty. Draco broke in to a half jog "Madame Hooch, what seems to be the problem?"

"These two appear to be intoxicated." She said and then addressed you and Blaise, "This is unacceptable behavior and both of you will be reported to your head of house immediately. Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall will deal with each of you as they prefer."

"Madam hooch, allow me to escort them to their respective head of houses. I'm already out of uniform and I'm headed back to the castle anyway." Draco straightened the collar of his blazer which boasted his prefect badge and hoped Madam Hooch would go along with it.

"That's a very kind offer, Mr. Malfoy" Said madam hooch.

"It's no trouble at all. Come along you two." Draco said before Madam Hooch could change her mind. He tried to appear cold and unfriendly towards both of you. He was grateful that even when you were both drunk off your arses you still had the good sense to keep quiet and let him take the lead.

He walked between the two of you in silence for quite a while. You were having trouble making it up to the castle in a straight line and he silently offered you his elbow to steady yourself.

"You're a good lad, Draco." Blaise slurred and patted him on the back, "You've always been a good lad."

Draco looked at Blaise but said nothing.

"Blaise be quiet. Draco is mad at us." You said. "Draco are you mad at us?" you looked up at him with sweet, drunken, doe eyes.

Draco sighed, "You two are quite the pair, you know that?" he laughed a little bit. "Please try to act sober so filch doesn't catch us."

Blaise put an arm around dracos shoulder and said very seriously, "We can do that for you, mate."

"Merlin, Blaise." said Draco, "And get a breath mint. You're going to peel the paint off the portraits."

Draco left Blaise to fend for himself in the Slytherin common room first, then then the two of you walked to Gryffindor tower. You were doing your very best to act like a sober person.

"y/n pick a spot ahead of you and focus on it. You've got to walk in a straight line." He laughed.

"I am." You said, "I always walk like this."

"Alright then" said Draco, and he put one hand on your right shoulder and another on your left elbow and guided you gently in the direction of your common room.

When you arrived at the portrait of the fat lady, you played with the hem of your sweatshirt for a moment and said, "I'm sorry about the mud, Draco. I can wash it this weekend and give it back to you."

"That's quite alright," he said. "You'll need it for our next game anyway. Now, go straight up to your room okay? Don't let Hermione catch you. She'll have you written up for sure."

"Okay." You said sweetly and you disappeared behind the portrait.