The Dance

Draco woke you earlier than you would have liked.

"We're going to miss breakfast." He said. It was nine in the morning.

You pulled the blanket over your head and groaned, "It's Saturday."

"So? You don't eat breakfast on Saturdays?"

"Lunch is breakfast on Saturdays."

"You can't be serious." Draco was sitting up in the bed.

You didn't respond but closed your eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

"Okay, listen," Draco pulled the blanket off of you to meet your glaring eyes. "I'm going to undo the charm now and go and get ready. You can stay in bed if you want to, but were going to breakfast at half nine."

"Make me."

"That wouldn't be as difficult as you think." Draco said and he undid the charm and slipped out of your bedroom.

You lay in your bed furious. You really valued your sleep but you didn't want to waste your precious thirty minutes, so you got out of bed and dressed.

Draco returned just under thirty minutes later in his crisp white button down and black pants. You leaned against your dresser with your arms crossed petulantly.

"Lovely." Draco said. He ignored the sour look on your face.

You sat at the breakfast table in silence. You sipped your coffee and glared out at the half empty dining hall. Your plate was bare in front of you.

"So are you skipping breakfast out of spite?" Draco asked casually.

"I'm fine, thank you." You sipped your coffee.

Draco sighed. He didn't like knowing that you were mad at him. Even if it was over such a silly thing. He just couldn't stand it, "If I let you sleep in tomorrow, will you eat something?"

You looked at him, "I said I'm not hungry."

Draco rubbed his temples "You are the mostnevermind. Please eat something. We can sleep in as late as you want tomorrow."

"The most what, Draco?" you tilted your head to the side.

"Difficult. Now eat."

You took a single orange in your hand and Draco sighed and began putting food on your plate for you.

Blaise took a seat at the table across from you, the same as last night. "Good morning. Draco, will you be cutting Y/N's food for her as well or do you think she's able to handle a knife by herself?"

Draco rolled his eyes and stopped shoving food on to your plate.

You ignored your plate of food and gave Blaise a tight lipped smile.

"I'm sensing some tension," Blaise said.

"Y/N is mad at me because I made her get out of bed for breakfast."

"I thought Americans loved breakfast." Blaise poured himself a glass of juice. "Most important meal of the day. Isn't that what you say?"

"I'm mad because Draco decided we were going to come downstairs for breakfast."

"She's prickly," Blaise noted. "Anyway I wanted to remind you that you promised to help me with my final papers."

"Right, as long as Y/N doesn't mind," Draco said.

"I'll help you," You said and added, "I'm a much better writer than Draco. What are the subjects?"

"Thanks Y/N. I've got History of Magic and Muggle Studies."