Chapter Five

Laying awake, staring at the plain white ceiling as my mind races, who is that girl with the bright green eyes, she is going to haunt my mind, i must find out more about her. Glancing at the clock i read 6pm, sighing in relief as i realise the day has gone and now i can get ready to go and find out more about the girl who has consumed my mind. damn that little human woman. Slipping out of the satin sheets, revealing in the feel of the material against my bare skin, my mind conjuring up an image of the green eyed girl running her palms over my chest, immediately my heartbeat quickens, i shake my head to try to rid that image as i head towards the shower, a nice cool shower will do me good. But as the water cascades over my naked body my mind conjures up naughty scenarios in my head, all involving the green eyed girl. Never have I had an obsession this strong before, it's maddening. Dressing quickly I head to the kitchen, perching on the stool across the room from where Yasmin is cooking some bacon and eggs on the stove, grinning mischievously as she turns slightly to grab the toast I speed across, swiping a rasher of bacon, sitting back on the stool as she turns back to the pan. Her back shoots straight and she turns slowly, eyes glaring.

"All you had to do was ask." She moans in mock annoyance her eyes shooting daggers at me but her lips twitch as she tries to hold her expression.

"Where's the fun in that?"

"It's polite jack ass. Hey Violet." Yasmin grins, turning back to her cooking just as Violet sweeps into the room, her purple hair shimmering, I count mentally to 10 before Lewis sneaks into the room behind her. Wrapping his arms around her waist, nuzzling against her neck.

"Morning gorgeous, morning guys."

"I've lived with you guys for so long but I still haven't got used to saying good morning in the evening." Yasmin replies, not taking her eyes away from her pan.

"Okay, good day then Yas." Lewis jokes, Yasmin turns and scowls at him.

"That sounds like you're dismissing me. So no. Good morning it is." Yasmin turns to cook more breakfast as Lewis sits next to me.

"So I heard you had a fun night. Byron is furious with you."

"Wish you lot would get off my case." I moan, hiding my head in my hands.

"Where's the fun in that?" Kurt's rough timbre joins the noise in the kitchen. Uncovering my eyes I glare at him.

"Not another word from you." I warn, to which Kurt promptly ignores.

"So did Alec tell you of the message the little girl wrote on him?" All eyes launch to me, Yasmin's eyes like saucers, mentally cursing Kurt I am saved when Byron storms into the room, immediately the tension rockets but at least I don't have to answer Kurt.

"So are we going to have a problem Alex?" Byron demands, seating himself across from me.

"No problem."

"So you're not going to find her?" Byron asks, eyebrows shooting up.

"Didn't say that. I just said it wouldn't be a problem."

"You do not bring her back here. She is not to be trusted."

"Yes your highness." I mock, Byron slams his hand on the table so hard the wood cracks, I can't help but smile smugly at his response. Pushing swiftly away from the table I head straight to the garage, slipping on the helmet I swing my leg over the motorbike and take off towards the town, starting my hunting expedition to find the green eyed girl, needing to sate my obsession. My bike roars into the town, people still bustle about, getting on with their lives, heading to their homes, parking up I slide off the bike, slipping off my helmet as I take a stroll down the streets, the humans instinctively give me space. For hours I comb the streets, scanning each crowd, every shadow, hoping and praying for a glimpse of the emerald green eyes engulfing my mind. Trudging past a tacky looking diner, judging by the colours and furniture on the inside it was decorated in the 50s and has never been changed, I can't help the grimace only to be stopped dead in my tracks as raven hair twirling captures my gaze. Without thinking I turn and push my way through the paint stripped, disgustingly sticky doors, music assaults my ears along with leers from the male customers, shouting eminates from the kitchen, a young man sits in a booth on his own, staring at his coffee, looking worse for wear. Walking past I take a seat in the booth hidden in the shadows but gives me a good view of the whole diner, after a few moments the kitchen doors clatter open as the green eyed girl walks out cautiously, balancing plates on her arms and hands, her lips plastered in a smile as she heads towards a table with two leering men sat at it, drool practically dripping from their lips. Jealousy flares as one reaches to grab her bare thigh as she settles the plates on their table, quick as a flash she has grabbed his hand, smiling through her teeth as she whispers.

"Do that again and you will be out on the streets before your boyfriend can figure out an insult." I can't help the smirk as creep #1 looks flabbergasted while creep #2 opens and closes his mouth like a goldfish. Turning on her heel she stalks away, the smile fading from her face as she sighs, reaching for the steaming coffee pot she heads straight to the booth of the young man  just a couple of booths ahead of me. A genuine smile curves on her lips and I grit my teeth to stop from doing anything I might regret.

"Hey Sam, can I get you anything? On the house?" Her soft voice is like a calming balm in the storm of jealousy in my mind. The young man looks up, shaking his head slightly.

"No thank you, I know that it would come out of your wages, I don't want to do that to you." I find myself starting to like the young man, the girl slips into the seat across from him, she gently grasps his hand while my own dig grooves into the cracked leather, my fangs springing into action. What the heck is wrong with me?

"Look Sam, you seem like a nice lad and I want to help you any way I can. I've got an apartment, not far from here. If you ever need somewhere safe to sleep then my door is always open okay." Her hand works quickly as she scribbles onto a napkin before sliding it across the table to Sam, she glances towards the kitchen a couple of times, worry in her gaze.

"I can't do that. That's your home."

"Trust me Sam, I have a lot of people come and go. It's a safe haven for those who have nowhere to go. Just keep it with you and consider my offer okay. I've got to get back to work, you'll be alright." She gently squeezes his hand before slipping out of the booth, my jealously simmers down and my fangs retreat as I watch her with more questions than answers. She turns and I know the moment she sees me, her heart quickens, eyes widening, smile dropping from her face as a small gasp leaves her lips, the coffee pot almost falls from her fingers before she catches herself. I find myself pleased at her reaction and admiring the fact that she didn't run. Beckoning her with my finger she quickly glances around before taking slow measured steps towards me, her pulse jittering as she nears my table. As she gets close enough I grasp her wrist, pulling her close, her bare legs touching my knees as I place the coffee pot onto the table, her lips quiver and she tries feebly to pull away while not making a scene to anyone elses eyes.

"So we meet again."