Chapter Six

His cool hand wrapped around my wrist like a vice, I try to pull away but he holds me firm, looking like it causes him no effort at all. His bright blue eyes shine as his lips curve.

"So we meet again." His voice is soft, husky and terrifying at the same time,  my heart pounds in my chest while my lungs refuse to work properly.

"Let go of me." I whisper, trying to sound stronger than I feel, but his smirk tells me that he sees through the facade.

"What is your name?" He asks, looking genuinely curious.

"Mia. What do you want Alex."

"Ah so you do remember my name."

"I'm working so il ask you again, what do you want from me?" I ask slightly irritated but more worried about if my boss comes out and sees me like this, I need this job. Alex smirks, taking his time to decide how to answer, making me more and more nervous as the seconds tick by, but am I nervous about what he's going to say or nervous about my boss firing me?

"There is a lot of things I want from you Mia. For now I will settle for your phone number so I can contact you to arrange a way for you to amend your mistake." My heart skitters at his hidden promise, good or bad I can't decide. But as I hear Pat's booming voice coming closer I quickly scribble my number on my pad, ripping it off quickly I shakily hold it towards Alex, his blue eyes burning into my soul. He  captures my hand, bringing it to his lips before he presses a quick but soft kiss to the back of it, like I always imagined medieval knights doing. Snatching my hand back as if he had burned me I quickly pick up the coffee pot and hurry back to the counter, my heart racing, unable to stop myself I peer over my shoulder towards where Alex was sitting, only to be greeted with an empty booth as I hear the doors bell ding as it opens and closes. Sighing in relief I turn towards the kitchen just as Pat storms his way out, his face bright red, eyes wild, quickly looking at my shoes I shuffle quickly to the other tables. Wishing that the next 4 hours would pass quickly so I could finally go home, my feet are burning.

"Coffee." I hear shouted across the diner, as I turn I realise it's the creep that tried to grab my leg earlier, feeling my skin crawl I plaster on a fake smile, quickly walking towards him and his friend.

"Sorry fellas. Here's your coffee." I shudder as creep #1 grabs my wrist, pulling me close, grinning sadistically, smiling sweetly back at him I lower my voice.

"Get your hand off of me."

"You didn't mind when blondie grabbed you." He snarls.

"I know him, I don't know you. Let go of my hand or I will get your removed."

"Oh will you now?" Creep #1 smirks before calling over my shoulder.

"Hey Pat, come 'ere." I freeze as I hear footsteps behind me, until warm breath washes over me and I see creep #1 and #2 smile like they're cats that's just got the cream.

"Tom, Frank! How you doing? Haven't seen you round 'ere for a while. Everything okay lads?" I feel the panic rising as I force my expression to stay stoic.

"You're little raven 'ere isn't being very nice." I glare at creep #2, tempted to smack the smug look off his greasy face. Pat suddenly puts his arm around my waist, pulling him taut against his side, it takes all of my willpower not to gag at his body odor.

"She's a beauty isn't she. Good hard worker too. I'm sure we can come to some sort of understanding." Pat laughs manically, I can't help the shiver of disgust that shoots down my spine.

"When she getting off Pat?" Creep #1 asks, his eyes glinting.

"She will be finished in an hour, going to close early tonight." I freeze, mentally shaking my head, my body starting to tremble, subtly I slip out of Pat's arm and thankfully smile at a couple, waving for my attention.