Chapter 3

I had decided to spend most of my day walking through the tower and chilling out. I walked into a lounge room where Garfield and Jaime were playing table soccer. Terra was by the counter looking for something to eat. Gar stopped playing so he could give Terra a creepy eye look. I snorted as I walked through, not caring if I interrupted anything. 

"Hey, Gar, Jaime," I looked over to my left where Terra was standing, "Terra," I said bluntly as I walked out of the room. 

As I left I heard Gar and Jaime banter about how Gar is irresistible to girls. I heard footsteps behind me. I quickly turned my body around, to find that Terra was following me. 

"Don't you have anything better to do?" I snapped at her. 

"Don't wanna be in the same room as Gar," she said in a monotone voice, "mind if I tag along?" 

"Sure, but just don't... talk," I said quietly. 

Terra shrugged her shoulders and continued to follow me into the training room. Star was on the training ground, fighting holographic, what seemed to be, aliens. She twirled her staff, slicing through each one of them. The last holograph jumped in the air, pulling out two swords. Star jumped up as well, making her staff meet with the aliens head and slicing through his body. She landed and turned to face us. 

"Terra, (Y/N). Would you like to join me? Staff helps clear the mind." She said, twirling her staff. 

"Sure, why not? I'll give it a try." I said running up to Star. 

"That's the spirit (Y/N)!" Star said, handing me her staff. "Terra?" 

"No thanks. I'm just trying to avoid green bean for a while." Terra said, stepping out of the shadows. "I never cared much for the zoo."

"If he's bothering you..." Star said, walking up to her. 

"He's just a jerk." 

That made my face twist up. Gar wasn't a jerk, sure he was annoying sometimes, but he wasn't a jerk. 

Terra looked to her left and her eye's caught onto Raven who was meditating. Terra's face seemed uncomfortable, which made my eyebrows twitch in annoyance. 

"Is it true what they say about her?" Terra said crossing her arms. "That she has her father trapped in that jewel on her head?"

"Yes. His name's Trigon. He's a demon." Star said casually. "They have issues." 

"Least she know's where she can find him," Terra said, looking upset. 

"You should talk to her more, you'll find that Raven can be quite... interesting," Star said.   

"Oh yeah, definitely! Once you get to know her, she's not that bad." I said, stepping in. 

"No thanks. Too creepy for me." Terra said, walking away. 

My jaw clenched and my fists curled up in a ball, my knuckles white. Star's face was saddened to see Terra walk off, without giving Raven a chance. I turned back to Star. 

"Why won't she give anyone a chance? We've given her plenty," I said walking back up to the training floor, twirling the staff in my hands. 

"She just might need more time than the others. You should know how hard it is to start a new life." Star said switching on the controls. 

I grimaced at what she said. Yes, it is true that it was hard to start again. But I wasn't a dick about it. I shook my head, trying not to think about it. 

"So, how do I use this staff. I'm used to using my fists." 

Starfire chuckled. 

"Here, I'll teach you." She said walking up to me. "Keep your feet light on the ground, so you're able to move quickly. Turn your defence into offence, use your enemies attacks against them and be sure to know where and how the staff is moving. You wouldn't want to drop it in the middle of a battle would you?"