Chapter 8

Once Damian had left my side, everyone charged at Blood. Shooting, punching, kicking, pushing and anything that they could think of. But he seemed to be immune to all of our attacks by either blocking them or moving out of the way. Blood threw a rock at Raven, sending her crashing towards the ground. I ran up to his legs, grabbed hold of both of them, made his knees bend by pushing them forwards and slamming him on the ground. 

"Insolence!" He shouted. 

I flew up above him, trying to punch his stomach when he shot a star bolt at me. I flew backwards into the ceiling and crashed onto the floor. 

"Damn," I whispered to myself, "Starfire's bolts really hurt." 

I rubbed my head as I slowly got back up to see Beast Boy and Beetle on the ground. I flew up again, firing my heat vision at him. But he turned around and used Raven's magic to shield himself from my attack. He then threw a rock at me, which I easily punched threw. He then threw another but this time I caught it and threw it back at him. He blocked again and he shot Raven's magic at me. I tried to dodge it but he latched onto me. I squirmed to get out of his magical grasp, but it was useless. He started squeezing, hard. I heard a few bones crack. 

"Ahhhhh!" I yelled out in pain. "Khhhhh," I said through my teeth. (You know that sound when you stub your toe and everyone's asleep so you clench your teeth together and make that noise? Yeah, that's the noise I'm referring to.) 

"(Y/N)!" Star shouted. 

She blasted a bolt at him, making him lose his balance and dropping me down on the floor. He then grabbed hold of Star and punched her a few times before throwing her too on the ground. gar had turned into a bull and rammed into Blood. He managed to push him a little before Blood had turned into this giant green beast. He roared and swung Gar around and tossing him onto the ground. Beetle tried to fire at him but missed. Blood grabbed hold of him and started pulling on his arms. 

"Let's see how far the machine can stretch," he said. 

"Beetle!" I cried. 

I pushed off the floor and flew at Blood. I turned my shoulder towards his stomach and slammed into it. He stumbled backwards, dropping Beetle. Once he regained his balance he shot a star bolt at Beetle. 

"No!" I yelled. 

I covered Beetle with my body, my back facing Blood. He shot the star bolt and I stood there, making sure Beetle didn't get hurt. The energy started to burn through my uniform and hit my skin. It burned like before, but I wasn't going to let Beetle die. Starfire and Raven flew up to Blood at shot him, taking the fire away from me. I picked up Beetle and flew him behind a rock and shook him awake. 

"You okay?" I asked. 

"Yeah. Thanks for that." 

"No problem." 

I turned around to see Starfire and Raven being knocked down by another boulder, drawn out by Blood. Gar had morphed into a lion and ran up at him only to be stopped by a rock pillar and shot down by Beetle's laser. I heard someone groaning up above me. I turned around to face the noise to see Terra had woken up. She looked at us, then at Slade, Nightwing and Damian. She stood up and the room started to shake. 

"Slade!" She screamed out. 

Rock pillars started to form and she jumped onto the last one and rushed towards Slade, screaming and shouting. 

Blood just threw Gar and Jaime on the floor again. 

"Don't you know I am the chosen?" He started saying. "Don't you know I am the-"