{ 10 }

Skye's POV

"G'night." Mia turned off the lights and started to snuggle with her pillow.

"Good night." I sigh and look up at the roof.

I kept trying to sleep but I couldn't. My mind kept on drifting to different things.

Has he really changed? I want to believe he hasn't but his vibe hasn't changed. In a way I still think of him as the douchebag who cheated on my best friend. And the jerk that I thought was my friend; but kept no contact with me after.

I needed a breath of fresh air.

I carefully get out of the bed and leave the room. If I woke up Mia at this hour I'd never hear the end of it.

The house was quiet. Everyone was obviously sleeping.

I open the sliding door to go outside. I step out and take a deep breath. Looking up I realized how bright the stars are shining tonight.

"Skye?" A voice unexpectedly called which caused me to jump a little.

I look to see who it was, "Ethan?"

He was wearing all black and white converses. His hair was a little messy, not too much. He had his feet rested on the table in front of him. His eyes where serious and confused, but still beautiful as ever.

I take a seat next to him, "why are you up this late?"

He raised a brow, "I can ask you the same thing."

I playfully push him and smile, "seriously."

He sighs, "well sometimes at night when I find it hard to sleep I look at the moon. I talk to it sometimes." He crosses his arms and looks up at the moon, "it's like the only thing that listens to me. Like if it was my best friend. It's weird really."

Wow. I never knew that.

I look up at the moon also, "no it's not."

He chuckles lightly, "it really is. What loser talks to the moon?"

I turn to look at him, his side profile was amazing. "No it really isn't. I understand you completely. I sometimes feel like no one out there understands me."

He looks down at me, our eyes met. "Why are you awake so late?"

Of course he asked me that.

I shrug, "I don't know. Just found myself thinking, not being able to sleep."

If he asks me what I was thinking of I'd need to think of something fast.

He nods, "what where you thinking of? If you don't mind me asking, of course."

Damn, it's like he read my mind.

I look down and started to fiddle with my fingers, "about someone. Someone I thought I once knew, turns out I didn't. And now that someone wants to come back into my life."

I tried to make it the least obvious but I think he knew who I was talking about.

He runs his hand through his hair, "do I know this someone?"

I bit the bottom of my lip, "maybe."

A cold wind hit and goosebumps appeared on my skin. I cross my arms and run my hands up and down my arm.

Ethan smiles, the first time tonight. "Are you cold?"

I nod twice.

He puts his arm around me and pushes me close to him.

I was blushing so much.

His hand rubbed up and down my arm; I could feel his muscular arm move as he did. I lean my head on his shoulder. I hoped this wasn't awkward. I look up at him fast and see his lips where curved upwards a bit.

Never once would I have thought of this moment. This moment was perfect. Us two looking at the stars; and the moon.

And at this specific moment was when I finally felt like he changed.

---

10 votes + 8 comments for the next chapter!

love you guys!